• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Latest New Members

ArnyVee

So, on one of my vB sites, I have a welcoming committee and I had a quick plugin created to display the last five newest members.

My welcoming committee members would then go to each one of those new members and leave a profile comment welcoming them to our community and adding them as a friend. It made for a nice reception for the new members to the site.

I was thinking that it may be nice to have a sideblock with the 5 or 10 latest members and that way the community can give a warm welcome to the newcomers.

I'm sure this is a pretty simple one, but one that would be nice for building a community :D

Yes, on the main forum page. :)

I would think that the add-on gurus out there could spice it up and add some sort of extra feature where you can have a link to leave a profile message without having to visit their page.

I would think that the add-on gurus out there could spice it up and add some sort of extra feature where you can have a link to leave a profile message without having to visit their page.
Is this really necessary?
I don't think that many users here would use this add-on.

I prefer only the box (as it is on the members page) and that's what we have already working, because we needed this for some playing with our new cache

It's not "necessary", of course.

But, it is something that would add functionality to the box and streamline the 'welcome message' process.

Is this really necessary?
I don't think that many users here would use this add-on.

I prefer only the box (as it is on the members page) and that's what we have already working, because we needed this for some playing with our new cache

I agree I don't think many would use it
I perfer just the main one on the members page :D

So, on one of my vB sites, I have a welcoming committee and I had a quick plugin created to display the last five newest members.

My welcoming committee members would then go to each one of those new members and leave a profile comment welcoming them to our community and adding them as a friend. It made for a nice reception for the new members to the site.

I was thinking that it may be nice to have a sideblock with the 5 or 10 latest members and that way the community can give a warm welcome to the newcomers.

I'm sure this is a pretty simple one, but one that would be nice for building a community :D
did u mean this?
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xen-tr-latest-users-sidebar.10229/

Top Bottom