1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Latest New Members

Discussion in 'Add-on Requests [Archive]' started by ArnyVee, Apr 13, 2011.

1. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

So, on one of my vB sites, I have a welcoming committee and I had a quick plugin created to display the last five newest members.

My welcoming committee members would then go to each one of those new members and leave a profile comment welcoming them to our community and adding them as a friend. It made for a nice reception for the new members to the site.

I was thinking that it may be nice to have a sideblock with the 5 or 10 latest members and that way the community can give a warm welcome to the newcomers.

I'm sure this is a pretty simple one, but one that would be nice for building a community :D

ajnos likes this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. ArnyVee

Yes, on the main forum page. :)

I would think that the add-on gurus out there could spice it up and add some sort of extra feature where you can have a link to leave a profile message without having to visit their page.

4. ajnos

ajnos Member

Is this really necessary?
    I don't think that many users here would use this add-on.

I prefer only the box (as it is on the members page) and that's what we have already working, because we needed this for some playing with our new cache

5. ArnyVee

It's not "necessary", of course.

But, it is something that would add functionality to the box and streamline the 'welcome message' process.

6. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

I agree I don't think many would use it
    I perfer just the main one on the members page :D

7. Brogan

As this is an add-on request, no-one would be forced to use it.

ArnyVee likes this.
  8. Tilkißey

Tilkißey Well-Known Member

did u mean this?
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xen-tr-latest-users-sidebar.10229/

9. Brogan

10. Tilkißey

Tilkißey Well-Known Member

Veer likes this.
  11. ArnyVee

Nice, looks like that's resolved ;)

This thread may now be closed. :D

12. Ray

Ray Active Member

Or you can use the sideblock/bar framework :)