Editor & BB Code Manager

Editor & BB Code Manager 2.0.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
@katsulynx How to enable can not hide in 1st post, thread creating? Also un-hide 1st post automatically?

Uhm, there's no way to do that?

What does About Permissions Postcount for hides? Does its used Postcount required can use HIDE tag or can view Hide tag content?

That's the post count the user needs to have made before he can view the content of the [hideposts] BB code.

Default hide version > hide until reply or liked but Why hide messages are not updated?

I've fixed that for the next update. Seems it was not actually the message not being updated but the ACP setting simply wasn't taken into account in the first place.

Unfortunately this great add-on seems to interfere with Siropu Chat. In particular, it removes the possibility to use the custom bbcodes defined by Siropu in its add-on, as they get overridden by your Add-On instead.

FWIW, Siropu doesn't define that button in the code I'm touching, so I'm not really fond of writing a huge workaround for that - besides the fact that I'm not able to tell where he actually adds that button. I'm not overriding anything as far as I am aware. It'll probably the cleaner and shorter route for him to write a patch for that. If he needs me to make modifications to my code for compatibility, I'm always open for him to reach out to me.

Can be make HIDE option available for node based?
Neither the editor nor the BB code renderer are aware in which forum they're called, so adding that would be a huge change that could also cause some performance impact. Very unlikely that I'll add that anytime soon.

Neither the editor nor the BB code renderer are aware in which forum they're called, so adding that would be a huge change that could also cause some performance impact. Very unlikely that I'll add that anytime soon.
And if my own experience is anything to go by, most users aren't going to use hide anyway until it doesn't require a page refresh to show the unhidden text/links. ;)

Last edited:
I think making it ajax is quite hard, otherwise I'm sure he would have already implemented it. His skills are great, for real.

I think making it ajax is quite hard, otherwise I'm sure he would have already implemented it. His skills are great, for real.
It wasn't really a criticism of his skills. I was just pointing out that what can or can't be hidden is maybe kind of a moot point if hardly anyone is using it because of the current limitation. Of course I don't have any proof that hardly anyone is actually using it on other sites, I'm just extrapolating from my own experience. Still a great addon, regardless of the hide feature, which I'm thankful for. ;)

To be honest on my board 90% of the threads do use the "hide" bbcode with no issues so far.
Well, the "issue" would be whether or not enough people complained about it or not, I guess. If most users feel they really have no choice, then maybe they're not likely to complain about it. I agree that's it's not that big a deal to have to refresh a page - which is an argument I myself initially used when some of my own members did complain - but in the end I decided it was maybe enough of an "annoyance" that I didn't want to really encourage its use too much. If I myself had started to use it often and one or two others quickly followed my example, then it might have caught on more and been used more often. But as it is, I left it enabled, but never encouraged its use. So, yeah, there's a good chance that I'm at least partly responsible for it not being used more on my own site.

Last edited:
This is why I do recommend to guide and teach your community into using your forum properly :) Rather than fixing all the bugs, I've learnt to live with some of them after all these years of administration, so my users got used to refresh the page (which is not too annoying in my opinion).

If you really want to have a temporary fix, you might hack the template file, by making it refreshing the page after submission. It can be done with simple javascript, adding a page refresh attribute to the "Post reply" button.

This way each time someone will reply, the page will refresh.

And if this doesn't fit your needs, you can enable this hack only in the forum nodes you think people will use the hide bbcode, by using a template variable in which you'll define which nodes will have this hack enabled.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Ajax support for hide BB codes is definitely top on the to-do-list, but it's really unpleasant to implement and I want to take the time to implement it clean and properly instead of just hustling it down and cause more problems and inconvenience in the long run, just because it's unpleasant work. I haven't yet figured out all technical details for a proper implementation as well, so that's an additional time consuming factor.

This is why I do recommend to guide and teach your community into using your forum properly :) Rather than fixing all the bugs, I've learnt to live with some of them after all these years of administration, so my users got used to refresh the page (which is not too annoying in my opinion).

If you really want to have a temporary fix, you might hack the template file, by making it refreshing the page after submission. It can be done with simple javascript, adding a page refresh attribute to the "Post reply" button.

This way each time someone will reply, the page will refresh.

And if this doesn't fit your needs, you can enable this hack only in the forum nodes you think people will use the hide bbcode, by using a template variable in which you'll define which nodes will have this hack enabled.

Hope it helps.

If my own experience has taught me anything, it's that you can create FAQ's and periodically create helpful tips and guides and post in chat, etc., and still you'll always have a lot of people who manage to miss it all, with the consequence that you'll still always have people asking questions such as, "How come I can't see what's hidden after I click like or reply to the thread?" :)

Just gonna wait on Katsulynx to properly implement the Ajax support. (y)

Ajax support for hide BB codes is definitely top on the to-do-list, but it's really unpleasant to implement and I want to take the time to implement it clean and properly instead of just hustling it down and cause more problems and inconvenience in the long run, just because it's unpleasant work. I haven't yet figured out all technical details for a proper implementation as well, so that's an additional time consuming factor.

Please take your time for Implementing AJAX functionality. One more thing, Can be HIDE BB Code tag thread automatic reloading after given Like or Reply? AJAX functionality support really important for HIDE BB Code tag.

what i meant to say was a user can use [parseHTML]embed code[/parseHTML] regardless of whether he's given permission explicitly or not... if he happens to know [parseHTML][/parseHTML] he can use it..

i just created a dummy account and posted a message with [parseHTML]embed code[/parseHTML] and voila.. it is embedded in his message.

Where exactly can se set the permission for this BBcode explicitly?

i can see only this
View attachment 170540
Ah, now I see what you mean. You indeed seem to be right. There is a check in place that should work as described above, but it seems to handwave all usage of parseHtml indeed, usage permission set to yes or no. I'll investigate.

Edit: I've fixed that for the next version. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Hi Katsulynx,

Has this been fixed in your latest updates?

@katsulynx think i stumbled on some server errors

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: klcRBBFQ src/addons/KLC/RemoveBBFromQuote/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php:130
Generated by: Unknown account Apr 20, 2018 at 11:51 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/KLC/RemoveBBFromQuote/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php(130): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home/dressedw/...', 130, Array)
#1 [internal function]: KLC\RemoveBBFromQuote\BbCode\Renderer\Html->renderTagAttach(Array, 'full', Array, Array, Object(KLC\RemoveBBFromQuote\BbCode\Renderer\Html))
#2 src/XF/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php(246): call_user_func(Array, Array, 'full', Array, Array, Object(KLC\RemoveBBFromQuote\BbCode\Renderer\Html))
#3 src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php(54): XF\BbCode\Renderer\Html->renderTag(Array, Array)
#4 src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php(30): XF\BbCode\Traverser->renderSubTree(Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php(18): XF\BbCode\Traverser->renderAst(Array, Object(SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\BbCode\RuleSet), Array)
#6 src/XF/Pub/View/Forum/Rss.php(82): XF\BbCode\Traverser->render('[ATTACH=full]15...', Object(XF\BbCode\Parser), Object(SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\BbCode\RuleSet), Array)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/AbstractRenderer.php(77): XF\Pub\View\Forum\Rss->renderRss()
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Xml.php(74): XF\Mvc\Renderer\AbstractRenderer->renderViewObject('XF:Forum\\Rss', '', Array)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Xml->renderView('XF:Forum\\Rss', '', Array)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Rss), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'rss')
#12 src/XF/App.php(1891): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#13 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#14 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#15 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(19) "/forums/-/index.rss"
  ["referrer"] => string(39) "http://www.dressedwell.net/misc/contact"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

got about 30 of those

Top Bottom