• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Joomla Bridge using JFusion

Coop:

Can the xenforo jfusion integration work as the Octeamdenmark one for vBulletin ?

octeamdenmark -

The site is:
Joomla article:
http://www.octeamdenmark.com/nyhede...d-a-serie-apu-teste-i-mod-sandy-bridgeas.html

vBulletin comments on the above article.
http://www.octeamdenmark.com/forums/nyheder/7875-amd-serie-apu-testet-imod-sandy-bridge.html

To go to the forum version of the articles ...
you click the
logo-forum_link.png

button.

More images on this jfusion.org thread:
http://www.jfusion.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=7091

Right now, it probably won't (though I need to check it out in more detail). But that does sound quite interesting, so maybe it can be done. I'll look into it a little more over the next day or two.

I just uploaded a new version of JoomlaBridge.zip. This version includes the ability to synch email addresses when Joomla is set as slave within the JFusion configuration.

Thx Coop! I'll give this a try and let you know how it works out

EDIT: Changed my email address on the XF side and it didnt change within Joomla. Does the email sync only work when done manually within JFusion?

That's odd, it should just work. When you changed your email address, where did you change it? from the Xenforo frontend? Is XenForo set to require confirmation of the changed email and did you confirm the change?

There are several different locations that can update the email address and I must have missed a route through the code somewhere. But it should just work, no sync should be required. The only requirement is that the same email address is used for the same account name in both Joomla and Xenforo prior to the change being made.

Yes I changed it from the frontend of XF in the Contact Details section. I'm not sure where the setting to require confirmation is. I only see that for when a user first registers. When I changed mine XF just said that I "may" have to confirm the email address.

OK, thanks. I found a small issue and have updated a new version. When you enable confirmation for registrations, that also enables confirmations for changes of email address. That's how I was testing it. The route through the code changes if you don't have that enabled.

Hopefully this version will resolve that issue.

Sorry man but it's still not working for me. When I hit Save after updating my email address, a popup appears with the following errors:

include_once(Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysql.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Zend/Loader.php at line 146
  2. Zend_Loader::loadFile() in Zend/Loader.php at line 146
  3. Zend_Loader::loadFile() in Zend/Loader.php at line 94
  4. Zend_Loader::loadClass() in Zend/Db.php at line 250
  5. Zend_Db::factory() in XenForo/Application.php at line 520
  6. XenForo_Application->loadDb() in JoomlaBridge/Helper/Joomla.php at line 30
  7. JoomlaBridge_Helper_Joomla::getJoomlaDb() in JoomlaBridge/Model/Account.php at line 6
  8. JoomlaBridge_Model_Account->UpdateEmail() in JoomlaBridge/ControllerPublic/Account.php at line 25
  9. JoomlaBridge_ControllerPublic_Account->actionContactDetailsSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home7/sealtea2/public_html/malikfraternityinc/maliks_only/index.php at line 13

OK, no problem. The issue here is that, for whatever reason, Joomla is configured to use the 'mysql' adapter for database access, but that adapter is not available inside XenForo (I need to figure out why). But I've uploaded a new version that forces the use of 'mysqli' for database access. If that doesn't work, then I'll need to contact you privately as I'll need more details of your server configuration. It should though, as it looks like your using cpanel.

Can someOne tell me whats Differentst between slave and master... If joomla is THE main site is it means That its need to be set as master?

Can someOne tell me whats Differentst between slave and master... If joomla is THE main site is it means That its need to be set as master?
The Master is the one that will be doing the registration. In your case, it would be Joomla.
Future versions on Jfusion will not have the Master-Slave relationship.

OK, no problem. The issue here is that, for whatever reason, Joomla is configured to use the 'mysql' adapter for database access, but that adapter is not available inside XenForo (I need to figure out why). But I've uploaded a new version that forces the use of 'mysqli' for database access. If that doesn't work, then I'll need to contact you privately as I'll need more details of your server configuration. It should though, as it looks like your using cpanel.

Sorry for the delay in response..I've been tied up with other projects and traveling. I will likely give this a shot tonight. Thanks for your hard work.

Ok looks like this latest build gets rid of the error messages that were occuring when I hit Save but the email address still doesn't sync to Joomla. PM me with any details that you need from me. Thx!

When you say same domain, does that mean one could be on a subdomain? (I assume no).
Any idea when different domains would be supported if ever? (I would prefer an honest answer of never if that was the situation) Different domains but same server is fine with me!

How goes support for 1.6?

When you say same domain, does that mean one could be on a subdomain? (I assume no).
Any idea when different domains would be supported if ever? (I would prefer an honest answer of never if that was the situation) Different domains but same server is fine with me!

How goes support for 1.6?

Support for 1.6 is awaiting the release of a stable version of jfusion (http://www.jfusion.org). So far, they have only released an alpha version which is not good enough for a live site.

About subdomain, they already work, so you could have joomla on joomla.mydomain.com and XenForo on forum.mydomain.com. Also, each could use their own database. However, you would need to ensure that your cookie domain was set to .mydomain.com in all software for it to maintain sessions between Joomla and XenForo.

completely different domains on the same server would also work, but you would only be able to use the login integration. So if you put the forums on domaina and Joomla on domainb, when you visited domaina and logged in, then went to domainb, you would need to login again (but the same account details would be used). This issue is unlikely to ever be fixed, as fixing it would require your browser to present cookies from domaina when visiting domainb. Your browser will never allow that to happen.

Coop

Support for 1.6 is awaiting the release of a stable version of jfusion (http://www.jfusion.org). So far, they have only released an alpha version which is not good enough for a live site.

About subdomain, they already work, so you could have joomla on joomla.mydomain.com and XenForo on forum.mydomain.com. Also, each could use their own database. However, you would need to ensure that your cookie domain was set to .mydomain.com in all software for it to maintain sessions between Joomla and XenForo.

completely different domains on the same server would also work, but you would only be able to use the login integration. So if you put the forums on domaina and Joomla on domainb, when you visited domaina and logged in, then went to domainb, you would need to login again (but the same account details would be used). This issue is unlikely to ever be fixed, as fixing it would require your browser to present cookies from domaina when visiting domainb. Your browser will never allow that to happen.

Coop

Thanks for the answer. The subdomain support is required for what I want to do, but as far as 1.5 or 1.6 I dont really know too much the difference. Is it worth waiting for 1.6 support if I am not under a heavy time constraint (I want to launch before the end of summer).

To be quite honest, unless 1.6 has something you need then I'd stick with 1.5 for the rest of this year. The main thing that 1.6 changes is the use of unlimited depth categories in Joomla. 1.5 by default only allows the normal two level deep Section, Category setup that Joomla is so well known for. In addition, 1.6 adds full custom group support rather than the confusing default Joomla groups. hope that's enough to help you decide.

To be quite honest, unless 1.6 has something you need then I'd stick with 1.5 for the rest of this year. The main thing that 1.6 changes is the use of unlimited depth categories in Joomla. 1.5 by default only allows the normal two level deep Section, Category setup that Joomla is so well known for. In addition, 1.6 adds full custom group support rather than the confusing default Joomla groups. hope that's enough to help you decide.

haha, somewhat! I only know wordpress, not joomla, so I am a bit of a newb. thanks for all your help though.

Hey Coop,

I'm starting work on my first migration of a JFusion bridged vB site to XF, and will obviously be relying heavily on this mod. Just wanted to make sure you are still committed to supporting at least the J! 1.5 version, before I go any further. As a J!, vB and XF coder, I'm quite happy to help work through any issues I might run across, but would obviously be happier knowing you are available.

I too was a little surprised at the lack of take-up after the initial interest, as per your remarks in a previous post. I may be able to help whip up a little interest, as I run a fairly popular J! related site currently using vB for the forums, populated almost exclusively by serious site admins.

-- hugh

Top Bottom