• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Joomla Bridge using JFusion

Hi Coop! I hope you're doing well. :)

I just upgraded my forum to XenForo 1.1 beta 1 about a week back. Just had a look at the joomla end a while ago. I can logout from the XenForo end perfectly. However, if I try to log out from the Joomla end, via the Joomla Login module or the Jfusion module, nothing happens. No error or anything, the account just doesn't log out.

I hope you could perhaps have a look at this soon sometime. :)

Edit: Now I can't log out from XenForo. :confused:

I just upgraded my forum to XenForo 1.1 beta 1 about a week back. Just had a look at the joomla end a while ago. I can logout from the XenForo end perfectly. However, if I try to log out from the Joomla end, via the Joomla Login module or the Jfusion module, nothing happens. No error or anything, the account just doesn't log out.

Hi Saeed,
I'm good thanks, but a little busy. I'll test the new version this weekend sometime and figure out what the problem is. So assuming it's nothing too major and that I can reproduce the issue, I should have a fix by the end of the weekend.

Can you make a Wordpress plugin like your Joomla one? There is lots of interest in integrating Wordpress and Xenforo:

http://xenforo.com/community/posts/276911/

The JFusion software used for this addon already supports wordpress, so providing you are willing to install Joomla as well (which is required for JFusion to work) you should be able to share login details with wordpress also. That said, I haven't tested this configuration, but it should be possible.

OK, I have a problem in that I cannot reproduce your issue. So far, I've been trying to reproduce it with Joomla version 1.5.22 stable, can you just confirm which version you are having the problem with ? I need to reproduce your issue to be able to track down the problem.

OK, I have a problem in that I cannot reproduce your issue. So far, I've been trying to reproduce it with Joomla version 1.5.22 stable, can you just confirm which version you are having the problem with ? I need to reproduce your issue to be able to track down the problem.
Thank you for looking into this, Coop.

Sure. My XF site is http://abc.com, and the Joomla install is in http://abc.com/joomla.

I am using XenForo 1.1 beta 3 along with Joomla 1.5.23

Thank you for looking into this, Coop.

Sure. My XF site is http://abc.com, and the Joomla install is in http://abc.com/joomla.

I am using XenForo 1.1 beta 3 along with Joomla 1.5.23

Still no luck, I tried with both JFusion 1.6.0rc1 and 1.5.6, but could not get them to fail. Please login to your Joomla admin section and go to Components->JFusion->Login Checker, enter a username and password, then click the 'Check Login' button. I'm expecting this to work, but please copy the output and PM it to me. Then at the bottom of the result page, there is a 'Debug the logout function' button. please press that button and also PM me the results page for it.

The reason I say to PM the information is that it may contain information such as paths and domain names that you don't want made public. Hopefully I'll be able to spot something in the logs.

Has anyone tested this with Xenforo Beta 4 yet. I've been playing around with this and its impressive, Good Job Coop!!! :) there are a few little bugs I'm having but I think that mainly down to me using the beta versions. One thing I've noticed is that when using this you can log into XF, but it won't let you log out. I'm going to put playing with it on hold till the Xf 1.1 gold is released.

Also just to check, I understand this right. I know about the user sync as I've got this working fine, but is it also meant to act as a single sign on, so that if I log into Joomla, and then visit my forum I'm already signed in.

Also this is mainly directed about jfusion, but with this plug in as the master, and joomla as the slave, am i still able to use the other jfusion plugins to connect to other software.or does joomla have to be the master.

One thing I've noticed is that when using this you can log into XF, but it won't let you log out. I'm going to put playing with it on hold till the Xf 1.1 gold is released.
I am experiencing the exact same problem with beta 3. Planning to test it again with beta 4 as per Coops instructions and would see what happens. :)

Has anyone tested this with Xenforo Beta 4 yet. I've been playing around with this and its impressive, Good Job Coop!!! :) there are a few little bugs I'm having but I think that mainly down to me using the beta versions. One thing I've noticed is that when using this you can log into XF, but it won't let you log out. I'm going to put playing with it on hold till the Xf 1.1 gold is released.

Also just to check, I understand this right. I know about the user sync as I've got this working fine, but is it also meant to act as a single sign on, so that if I log into Joomla, and then visit my forum I'm already signed in.

Also this is mainly directed about jfusion, but with this plug in as the master, and joomla as the slave, am i still able to use the other jfusion plugins to connect to other software.or does joomla have to be the master.

Glad you like it. The logout problem is an odd one in that as yet, I've been unable to reproduce it, but I'll be building a new test installation this weekend from scratch. Hopefully that or the logs from Saeed will allow me to track down the issue.

You are correct about the single sign on, once you sign in to any of the software you have connected to JFusion, you are also signed in to all the others, so if you integrated XenForo, Joomla and Moodle for example, logging in through Moodle would also log you into Xenforo and Joomla automatically.

Joomla does not need to be the master, you can have any supported piece of software as the master. So you should be fine installing any or all of the supported software (though I wouldn't want to try and maintain an install with all of the software installed).

I'm trying to figure this out Coop. I thought I read somewhere that people were requesting this to be "frameless"? Something about vbulletin using iFrames for jFusion and maybe even xF, as I don't quite remember what I read (sorry). Could you clarify this all for me?

I'm trying to figure this out Coop. I thought I read somewhere that people were requesting this to be "frameless"? Something about vbulletin using iFrames for jFusion and maybe even xF, as I don't quite remember what I read (sorry). Could you clarify this all for me?

Hi AzzidReign,
it is very confusing at first. Basically, it is possible to write code inside a JFusion plugin that allows the forum to be displayed in the same skin as Joomla. There are two ways of doing this, one method uses frames to give the appearance of visual integration, the second is frameless. Currently, this plugin for XenForo does not support frameless mode.

The frameless mode works by extracting the content of the forums page and replacing parts of the content automatically on each page load, giving the impression that the forums uses the same skin as Joomla. But such an integration uses a lot of processor resources, is very skin specific and generally, not a very good way forward IMO. Frameles at best would only be a solution for small forums. In addition, XenForo uses javascript and AJAX technologies extensively, which makes it difficult, if not impossible to do such an integration.

Originally, the vbulletin plugin supported frameless mode, but support has been dropped from the module with version 4 due to the complexity of dealing with the automatic modification of the various AJAX related URL's. For that reason, and because of my general dislike of this approach, I have never attempted to include such functionality into the XenForo module.

So what is the solution here...should I find a designer to just integrate my design into Joomla? Would that be the smartest route essentially that way I don't have to worry about frames or frameless? I mean...what are the effects on frames? If it's using iFrames, isn't that poor SEO?

The frameless mode works by extracting the content of the forums page and replacing parts of the content automatically on each page load, giving the impression that the forums uses the same skin as Joomla. But such an integration uses a lot of processor resources, is very skin specific and generally, not a very good way forward IMO. Frameless at best would only be a solution for small forums. In addition, XenForo uses javascript and AJAX technologies extensively, which makes it difficult, if not impossible to do such an integration.

Originally, the vbulletin plugin supported frameless mode, but support has been dropped from the module with version 4 due to the complexity of dealing with the automatic modification of the various AJAX related URL's. For that reason, and because of my general dislike of this approach, I have never attempted to include such functionality into the XenForo module.
It makes sense that frameless xenforo would be hard to accomplish.
Running the forum in an iframe doesn't make sense to me. Bad for SEO, people can break out of the frame.
The third option, and probably the best of both worlds is to style xenforo and joomla to "look" like each other.
They are running independently, but have login integration and data integration. Maybe write a joomla module that would pull the xenforo Alerts and that would be heaven !

They are running independently, but have login integration and data integration. Maybe write a joomla module that would pull the xenforo Alerts and that would be heaven !
Does this plugin not do that?

I'm wondering what this plugin does exactly. I know it bridges the database so people don't have 2+ logins in each module, but does this also work with "syncing" of forums...say, I have a forum for homepage news, can we post in there and it will post it in Joomla? Or even vice versa? And then say you have the article in both the forums and CMS, do the comments sync like with the WP bridge from xenscripts?

Sorry for all the questions, as it seems like this is just a bridge for the member logins and nothing else. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Top Bottom