IPS 4.1

TheSonic

Do you have converters ready for IPS 4.1 to xen 1.5.x ?

And, i am able to convert pictures from IP.Gallery to XenForoGallery (or how ever you call it :) )

Thank you !

Do you have converters ready for IPS 4.1 to xen 1.5.x ?

And, i am able to convert pictures from IP.Gallery to XenForoGallery (or how ever you call it :) )

Thank you !
Sorry to intercept your thread. I saw the title and instantly thought a converter had been made. It's what we've been waiting on. You may have to do what we're going to do and double convert. I discovered that Mybb can convert IPB4 and from there convert to Xenforo apparently. I haven't personally tried it yet but that is the route we're going to take. Of course we don't have gallery.

I've gone via MyBB to xF, but only from IPB4.0.13.1.

That said, I would thoroughly recommend you just hire @Slavik to do it for you, especially if you have more than the basic user groups set up, as IPB4 does permissions in some ridiculous non-hierarchical fashion and when you go via MyBB everything which wasn't Allow gets set to Deny en route.

I've gone via MyBB to xF, but only from IPB4.0.13.1.

That said, I would thoroughly recommend you just hire @Slavik to do it for you, especially if you have more than the basic user groups set up, as IPB4 does permissions in some ridiculous non-hierarchical fashion and when you go via MyBB everything which wasn't Allow gets set to Deny en route.

I am trying to convert from IPB4.0.13 to MyBB as well (to move on to xF), but I'm running into some issues...

1. Avatars are not correctly converted. The "pictures" it saves are HTML documents for some reason, and it stops in the middle of conversion.
2. Many converted posts are full of visible HTML tags.
3. Attachments are not being imported at all, it reports it can't access the directory (though I made sure chmod is correct and I can directly access the files from the webbrowser).

How did you manage that, or didn't you run into those issues?

Thanks in advance!

1. I chose not to care, and people are re-uploading their avatars.
2. I also chose not to care, and people are editing their own posts to fix.
3. I copied the entire uploads directory into the MyBB directory to stop it whining.

You're ED from the OpenPandora boards, right? I was giving serious consideration to registering there just to tell you all this, 'cause your thread on the migration comes up every time I try to google IPB4 to XenForo migrations :D

1. I chose not to care, and people are re-uploading their avatars.

Okay... not my favourite (as we also got a lot of non-active members where I'd like to keep the avatar, but in worst case...)

As the Avatar is named after the member id, I might be able to hack some scripts myself to create them.

2. I also chose not to care, and people are editing their own posts to fix.

Hmm, too many posts for me where that happens.
I wonder... are only posts and signatures affected after the move from IPB3 to IPB4 or all previous ones as well?

3. I copied the entire uploads directory into the MyBB directory to stop it whining.

Didn't know that works - thanks, I'll try that!

You're ED from the OpenPandora boards, right? I was giving serious consideration to registering there just to tell you all this, 'cause your thread on the migration comes up every time I try to google IPB4 to XenForo migrations :D

Yep, I am :D

@EvilDragon great, saves me registering hahah :D

So, the IPB to MyBB to XF fixed some of the HTML, but not all. Mostly people's signatures seemed to be the worst hit, and people just went and fixed that of their own accord.

@Slavik does do migrations damn cheap, though, and he has wizardry up his sleeves which apparently gets around all your problems. Might be worth dropping him a line just to get the job done without any faffing about?

Top Bottom