XF 2.2 List of banned IPs

Saphira

I loaded a list of VPN IPs as banned IPs, because I don't want people to use VPN on my forum. I checked that list today, and it says I would have triggered some IPs in the past few days. I see countries as Germany, Sweden etc. pop up. There are two weird things:
1) The IP address is not visible from my profile page (Moderator Tools > IP Addresses). I would expect it to be in there.
2) I am very sure I did not use a VPN today, and as I'm not in Germany or Sweden or similar, my provider being misqualified as a VPN and in the wrong country would be strange.
I am interpreting the list correctly that the "By" column is the last user detected for that IP and not the one uploading it? Perhaps a stupid question, but I'm looking to explain the situation.
Thanks!

I am interpreting the list correctly that the "By" column is the last user detected for that IP and not the one uploading it? Perhaps a stupid question, but I'm looking to explain the situation.
If you're looking at the master IP ban table where it shows the inventory of banned IP addresses, the "By" column is the account that registered the banned IP. That section doesn't update except for the "Last Triggered" field, which just shows a timestamp and not who triggered the update by using a banned address.

If you're looking at the master IP ban table where it shows the inventory of banned IP addresses, the "By" column is the account that registered the banned IP. That section doesn't update except for the "Last Triggered" field, which just shows a timestamp and not who triggered the update by using a banned address.
Great! That's a relief. So it's probably some random person trying to use a VPN. :) Thank you.

Top Bottom