XF 2.1 How can you upload a list of banned words

jefferisp7

Hi folks, I am creating a new forum, first time with XF. I would like to add a bunch of words that will not just censor, but prevent the posting. One problem I see is that every word has to be entered on 1 line, which will take 1000 hours to do. I have a list. Is there a better way? I'm trying to do preventative maintenance. I see the spam features are there and hopefully that will prevent most of the bots.
TIA,
Jeff

If it's in a list, you could just copy and paste it. If they're comma-separated, take it into Word and find and replace the comma with a new line, then copy and paste it.

I tried to paste in in the censor area as separate lines, but it appeared as word1 word 2, etc. All in 1 field. Is that where you mean? I could not find a way to create a banned post from that, just a censor substitution.

Find and replace a space with a new line then.

To ban it from going through as posted content will require custom development.

Sorry for digging up this old thread but I do have the same question. The same happens to me: it pastes the censored words in one line as in a long phrase, instead of one word per form field. My list has one word per line, any suggestions?

Thanks.

Find and replace a space with a new line then.

To ban it from going through as posted content will require custom development.

This is an old post, I know. But you can do that if you use the Spam phrases section. You can configure it to block posts, if you set a high enough Maximum messages to check for spam.

Reactions: frm
Top Bottom