It's time to convert: IPS 4.3.6 to the latest Xenforo

It's time to convert: IPS 4.3.6 to the latest XenForo

Here's what I would like to do:
Convert an IPS 4.3.6 powered site to XenForo. Here's what I am thinking:

Build a total clone of the IPS site and convert that site to XenForo. Once that's working and successful, take those files and database and move it to the actual URL / place, where it will be (same server). This way, there's not a lot of down time and if I screw the conversion up, I can try again....and maybe again...although hopefully it all goes smooth the first time. The database is about 2 gigs in size, MySQL 5.5.6 and PHP 8+

• Does XenForo allow a test installation URL / subdomain, etc.? I plan and making the conversion myself.

• What's the best path forward?

Does XenForo allow a test installation URL / subdomain, etc.? I plan and making the conversion myself.
Yes.

However, if you import from a clone/backup DB, any content posted on the live site in the interim will not be imported.

My advice would be to do at least one test import and that will help with timing for the actual import.
See here for more: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/importing-guidelines.25325/

Note that importing does not affect the source site at all, although it is recommended to close the site when doing the import, to avoid orphaned data.

Yes.

However, if you import from a clone/backup DB, any content posted on the live site in the interim will not be imported.

My advice would be to do at least one test import and that will help with timing for the actual import.
See here for more: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/importing-guidelines.25325/

Note that importing does not affect the source site at all, although it is recommended to close the site when doing the import, to avoid orphaned data.
Got it.

Questions, please:
1. What's the highest version of MYSQL that I can use? The server is set to 8.0.
2. How to I request a test URL?
3. Does your convertor convert IPS "Downloads File Sharing" if I purchase your "Resource Manager?"

Attachments

• XEN.webp
    XEN.webp
    1.5 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom