XF 1.1 Internal Server Error during Upgrade

Maleko

Went to upgrade to 1.1, got the upgrade page, logged in, clicked upgrade and it ran a few tests then popped up with access denied to install/index.php

Then each time I go to the install directory I get

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

I can go to the normal index of the site, but after I login I get

Fatal error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::avatarHtml() in /home/oldsscom/domains/old-skool-gamers.com/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 1211

Help!

http://www.old-skool-gamers.com

You get that error just going to the install directory, or when you continue the upgrade? Check your web server error logs for potential details about the server error.

Get the error whenever I got to /install, can't even get to the option to continue upgrade. I can goto /admin, but that tells me to complete the upgrade, again, I just get that error.

access denied to install/index.php

Ideally your server logs will have more information. Can you check your server logs?

It may be a problem with the file/directory permissions on your server. Depending on your server configuration, web directories are usually 755 while files are 644. But data and internal_data inside of the forum directory should be 777. Incorrect permissions on the server may cause the above error.

Internal Server Error

That is a generic error. The server logs may contain more information about the error. You need to obtain the logs.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::avatarHtml() in /home/oldsscom/domains/old-skool-gamers.com/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 1211

That may be a file problem. Normally you could run a file check in the Admin CP except that you are in the middle of an upgrade. You should re-upload the files anyways to ensure they are correct.

It may be a problem with the file/directory permissions on your server. Depending on your server configuration, web directories are usually 755 while files are 644. But data and internal_data inside of the forum directory should be 777. Incorrect permissions on the server may cause the above error.
This comment from Jake is what I'm potentially thinking. The web server error log should have more details.

The front-end error you get is just from having 1.0 compiled templates with 1.1 code.

The only error from today is:

[Wed Nov 23 00:02:03 2011] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `localhost' does NOT match server name!?
[Wed Nov 23 00:02:04 2011] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `localhost' does NOT match server name!?

But that wasn't from just, unless the hosts server time is out!

seem to have got it working.

Was a permission problem. I re-did the permissions for the data and internal_data, including sub folders. Also the install folder seemed to have got 777, changed that to 755 as well and now its back to upgrading. Currently rebuilding templates...fingers crossed!

Top Bottom