XF 2.3 Help Needed: Unknown Column 'match_regex' Error During XenForo Upgrade

CihanOnline

Hello everyone,

I'm currently upgrading to a newer version of XenForo and have encountered a persistent issue that I hope someone here can help me resolve. During the upgrade process, I received the following error message:

Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'match_regex' in 'field list' in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 230
XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 198
XF\Db\Mysqli/Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 40
XF\Db\Mysqli/Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 56
XF\Db\Mysqli/Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 96
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Install/InstallHelperTrait.php at line 233
XF\Install\Upgrade\AbstractUpgrade->executeUpgradeQuery() in src/XF/Install/Upgrade/1010470-114.php at line 24
XF\Install\Controller\Upgrade->actionRun() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
XF\Mvc/Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 258
XF\Mvc/Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
XF\Mvc/Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
XF\Mvc/Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2592
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 532
XF::runApp() in install/index.php at line 14

The error points to an unknown column 'match_regex' in the field list during the MySQL statement preparation. This issue occurs in the upgrade script, and I am unsure which table is supposed to contain this column. I've checked the usual tables and haven't found any missing columns that should be there according to the XenForo upgrade documentation.

Has anyone else encountered this error or have any insights on how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is stopping our site upgrade process.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Well, this is highly peculiar. It doesn't point to a bug, necessarily, but something has gone rather wrong in this case.

Code:
XF\Install\Upgrade\AbstractUpgrade->executeUpgradeQuery() in src/XF/Install/Upgrade/1010470-114.php at line 24

This line in particular.

The query that is being run is a query that we added in the version 1.1.4 upgrade script. But you are apparently on XF 2.2.15 according to the details you filled in when creating a thread.

This should not be happening if you're already on version 2.2.15.

I see that you might have run this on your live site? You understand that we do not recommend this? Did you take a backup beforehand. At this point our recommendation is to restore that backup. This may not be fixable cleanly in its current form.

Top Bottom