XF 1.2 Import issues: Passwords and emails

Talon Senatu

Hello,

I'm new at XenForo and I have successfully imported my SMF forum to XenForo (using PhpBB).

Now that everything is imported, I let some of my members log themselves in. But then it seems like their password is incorrect. Also, when they want to recover it with their email, they don't get any email.

Anyone knows what's wrong? Did I do something wrong while importing?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I made a screenshot of the error logs: http://grab.by/rEwI

Last edited:
Generally speaking, passwords are not preserved via a double import.

The screenshot doesn't show the details of the error.
The full stack trace is required to determine what the issue is.

Thanks for the reply!

What do you mean by not preserved via a double import?

Also here is the full log:
Code:
Zend_Mail_Transport_Exception: Unable to send mail. - library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Sendmail.php:137
Generated By: yazo123, Today at 7:16 PM

#0 /home/content/50/10159450/html/community/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail->_sendMail()
#1 /home/content/50/10159450/html/community/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#2 /home/content/50/10159450/html/community/library/XenForo/Mail.php(177): Zend_Mail->send()
#3 /home/content/50/10159450/html/community/library/XenForo/Mail.php(152): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
#4 /home/content/50/10159450/html/community/library/XenForo/Model/UserConfirmation.php(136): XenForo_Mail->send('yedros13@gmail....', 'yazo123')
#5 /home/content/50/10159450/html/community/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/AccountConfirmation.php(98): XenForo_Model_UserConfirmation->sendEmailConfirmation(Array)
#6 /home/content/50/10159450/html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): XenForo_ControllerPublic_AccountConfirmation->actionResend()
#7 /home/content/50/10159450/html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 /home/content/50/10159450/html/community/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(71) "http://thempdnation.com/community/index.php?account-confirmation/resend"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["account-confirmation/resend"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(20) "/community/index.php"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

One you perform a final import into XenForo, it associates the passwords with the software you imported from, not the source software. You'll need to have a custom add-on written to handle the source passwords.

As for the email issue, that indicates a server issue sending mail via PHP. You may want to contact your host about this -- it's a configuration issue on their end. If they can't resolve the issue, you will need to change XenForo to use an external SMTP server in the email

As for the email issue, that indicates a server issue sending mail via PHP. You may want to contact your host about this -- it's a configuration issue on their end. If they can't resolve the issue, you will need to change XenForo to use an external SMTP server in the email

Is this always the case when switching to XenForo?

If your host uses cPanel, or has a page for email accounts, make an email account for your forum and get the SMTP settings for it.

Then enter them into the 'Mail Options' page in the options menu.

Doing this will also make it less likely you'll be filtered as spam.

If your host uses cPanel, or has a page for email accounts, make an email account for your forum and get the SMTP settings for it.

Then enter them into the 'Mail Options' page in the options menu.

Doing this will also make it less likely you'll be filtered as spam.

Is it recommended to use that? Or should I wait for an answer from my host? I'm new at this and I never set up email stuff before.

Top Bottom