1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Banned IP and emails did not import

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by wardsweb, Oct 7, 2015.

1. wardsweb

wardsweb Member

Is there a way to retrieve banned IP's and banned email addresses from the database? These did not show up in the admin console after the change from vB3.8 to XenForo 1.5.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

These are not covered by the import. Unfortunately, they would need to be brought over manually.
  3. wardsweb

wardsweb Member

So if I phpAdmin into the database and export them. Do I need to type them in one at a time in XenForo?
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, or write a script to populate the table.
  5. wardsweb

wardsweb Member

What is the table name for banned IP's in XenForo?
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

xf_ip_match. I generally wouldn't recommend trying to change the database directly though. IPs likely aren't stored in the format you expect (plus caches, etc).
  7. wardsweb

wardsweb Member

OK, I'm trying to avoid manually entering IP's one at a time that have been accumulated over the last 13 years. The same will be true of banned email addresses. With a forum as large as Audiokarma.org, we get hammered on a daily basis.
  8. Vincent Gabriel

Vincent Gabriel Active Member

i just did this:

$model XenForo_Model::create('XenForo_Model_Banning');
    $ips explode("\n"$ips);

$ips as $ip) {
        try {
        } catch(
    Exception $e) {
    $ip ':' $e->getMessage() . "\n";
    is there a reason why IPs/emails are not imported? seems pretty easy to add.