XF 1.4 Possible IPB import issues?

I did a import this week from my IPB board to xenforo and today it was pointed out to me that a lot of topics/replies were missing and some of the passwords were messed up.

Before doing it, I did have some issues with getting the database uploaded to the hosting place that my xen site would be one.

Just want to know if importing would have issues like I described above or shouldn't happen.

If there were problems uploading the source database then that is probably where the problem lies.

How was the database uploaded? The most reliable method is using a shell command:

How to backup and restore your forum (Linux / Windows)

Other methods like phpmyadmin can sometimes be unreliable.

That's my guess. The only way to be sure is to examine the source and destination database for specific examples of missing threads and bad passwords.

I'm having my hosting doing a clean install from their side, I'm hoping to clean install the database and not have to delete my whole xen board and start over from scratch.

I'm having my hosting doing a clean install from their side, I'm hoping to clean install the database and not have to delete my whole xen board and start over from scratch.

A "clean install" of XenForo would normally involve emptying the database and running /install again. This is recommended if you need to run the import again.

Top Bottom