Fixed  ImageMagick Imagick PECL Extension / animated avatars not working

Very odd small Gifs work fine but 1mb + don't

Because
the small ones do not need a resize --> No ImageMagick needed : will Work fine as the image is directly served to your browser
Big files on the other hand need re-sizing -- > imagemagick not found !! --> Xenforo falls back to GD --> No animated GIFs :D

I'm no PHP guru but I took a look, and Xenforo falls back to GD if Imagemagick is not installed

Maybe when a webmaster chooses ImageMagick ... xenforo could report what it thinks is the path / directory ... and it could display an image requiring the use of ImageMagick .... and say ... if you can see this image ... ImageMagick functions should work. (like Adobe does .... If you can see this animation .... Adobe flash was correctly installed).

Because
the small ones do not need a resize --> No ImageMagick needed
Small as in file size I mean. It resized a 400x400px gif just fine (it was about 400kbs)
Yet a 200x230px at 1.2mb nope nothing just stuck on the Js screen.

Wow ... I thought I didn't because it wasn't listed in phpinfo() but when I contacted the host they assured me it was installed.

They had me run this code:
Code:
<html> <head> <title>Test for ImageMagick</title> </head>
<body> <?
function alist ($array) {  //This function prints a text array as an html list.
  $alist = "<ul>";
  for ($i = 0; $i < sizeof($array); $i++) {
    $alist .= "<li>$array[$i]";
  }
  $alist .= "</ul>";
  return $alist;
}
exec("convert -version", $out, $rcode); //Try to get ImageMagick "convert" program version number.
echo "Version return code is $rcode <br>"; //Print the return code: 0 if OK, nonzero if error.
echo alist($out); //Print the output of "convert -version"
//Additional code discussed below goes here.
?> </body> </html>

Wow ... I thought I didn't because it wasn't listed in phpinfo() but when I contacted the host they assured me it was installed.

Code:
<body> <?
  $alist = "<ul>";
  }
  $alist .= "</ul>";
  return $alist;
}
exec("convert -version", $out, $rcode); //Try to get ImageMagick "convert" program version number.
echo "Version return code is $rcode <br>"; //Print the return code: 0 if OK, nonzero if error.
?> </body> </html>
Well its not in your phpinfo :D

http://animelon.com/info.php

Code:
<body> <?
  $alist = "<ul>";
  }
  $alist .= "</ul>";
  return $alist;
}
?> </body> </html>

Is this PHP code ?!... So you may have imagemagick installed but it's not enabled in PHP (enable it in php.ini and point it to where your .so file is.

your loaded php.ini doesn't show that it is enabled

Ok, so now I have imagick loaded and it still doesn't work. In fact, when I try to upload an avatar it sits there thinking for a bit and then just closes down but the avatar stays blank. This is the avatar I'm testing with.
pointer_atack.gif

Top Bottom