Fixed  ImageMagick Imagick PECL Extension / animated avatars not working

using 1.04, I upload a gif, it 'hangs' with the loading bar going until it gives up and nothing shows as being uploaded.
my phpinfo

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    70.7 KB · Views: 54
Okay my host support ppl tell me everything was installed okay. To be sure, I compiled the latest stable imagemagick and imagick builds again. Added extension=imagick.so in php.ini
...still have the problem of hanging and not uploading/resizing.

Tried with a fresh install 1.04 and still no good.
PHP Version 5.2.17, on centos 5.2.

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    70.8 KB · Views: 39
I have imagick installed and all but my issue is when people upload attachments, animated pictures upload and can be inserted as thumbnails or full images. However, static .png or .jpg images dont show up with any previews and cannot be inserted as thumbnails or full images. If I don't use imagick and stick to the default php gd one, static images can be inserted as thumbnails/full images. Any ideas? I'm pretty stumped at this point. Thanks.

dyCoG.png

5hStC.png

webserver is nginx

I've found a fix for my problems, I was using a vps, whm/cpanel running php 5.2.17, with centOS 5.7. It only works for me using this method, I've tried everything else and almost pulled my hair out figuring it out.

Install imagemagick from source

# wget ftp://ftp.imagemagick.org/pub/ImageMagick/ImageMagick.tar.gz
# tar xvfz ImageMagick.tar.gz
# ./configure
# make
# make install
and finally
# sudo ldconfig /usr/local/lib

now imagick php module, pecl style

# cd /usr
# wget http://pear.php.net/go-pear.phar
# php go-pear.phar
agree/hit enter with suggested paths.
# pecl install imagick

add to /etc/php.ini extension=imagick.so

#restart httpd service

omg it works (y)

No suggested path appear When I hit "php go-pear.phar"

not sure what's happened there, if you run the command from the file location (you should wget it into /usr) it should give you an option to continue, then it installs from there.

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    39.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Capture2.webp
    Capture2.webp
    42.2 KB · Views: 25
Top Bottom