XF 1.4 i have a user in moderation i can't remove?

electrogypsy

not sure how it happened, but one of the spam accounts that got created on my forum can't be deleted. it's in the moderated users list, but when i tick the reject radio button and click process users i get a 'The requested user could not be found.' error.

it's just this one particular user, all other users process fine, so i'm assuming it's a database error of some kind. it's definitely NOT a huge problem since it doesn't really affect the website, but i just wanted to see if anyone had any advice on how to go about fixing it.

You are creating a new user instead of removing an existing one.
You need to edit a user not create a new one.

um.... duh? im aware of that. thats the page i get taken to when editing the user. i actually think something similar to this happened to me a few years ago, i'm going to dig through the archives of my old posts and see what i can find.

What's the URL of that page?

the url is: Squat the Planet - Admin Control Panel Login | Admin CP - Squat the Planet

err... here it is wrapped in code bbcode:

Code:
https://squattheplanet.com/admin.php?users/luci-cute1.13645/edit

can i delete this user in the database via phpmyadmin?
Yeah, you can... but you can also screw up the system by playing around with users like that directly via the DB.
So, if you don't want to screw it up - the answer is no.
If you don't mind possibly screwing it up and can fix it (or you have a valid confirmed backup of the DB) - the answer is yes.

Should have this:
View attachment 115936
Click on List All Users
Choose Luci
In the bottom click on Delete User

Better not to do it.

yeah, i don't have that button unfortunately. thanks for the help though.

Yeah, you can... but you can also screw up the system by playing around with users like that directly via the DB.
So, if you don't want to screw it up - the answer is no.
If you don't mind possibly screwing it up and can fix it (or you have a valid confirmed backup of the DB) - the answer is yes.

yeah, i wanna avoid playing with it if i can. i mean it's a big risk for such a little problem. i had a backup but upon testing it before restore, it turned out it was corrupted :(

Use the admin - users - batch update users. Pretty sure from memory you can specify a single username and you can delete the resulting recordset, which will be one user. However, if other parts of XenForo do not recognise the user then there is every chance this won't work either. ;)

The problem should be resolved now. I logged on last night.

It was a weird issue whereby the xf_user_privacy table was missing a record for the user, ultimately resulting in it appearing as though this otherwise valid user record had a user_id of NULL.

I restored the record in xf_user_privacy and I left it for @electrogypsy to try again. Hopefully it worked :)

Top Bottom