1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Banning User While In Moderation Queue

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Steve Freides, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Steve Freides

Steve Freides Active Member

When I look in on our forum each morning, I usually find things awaiting moderation. This is because we require each user's first post to be moderated. (We have a User Promotion that, after one approved post, makes them a member of Verified, per instructions found here - it works as its supposed to, which is to say it works very well.)

When a first post is clearly spam, I do not approve the post and I ban the user, but I think I'm not doing this in the most efficient way possible. What I now do is below - if there's a better way, please let me know.

- I highlight and Copy the users name (or just remember it) from the moderation queue.

- I click on the radio button to delete the post but I don't click on the Save button at the bottom.

- I open another tab in my browser, find the user, use the Actions dropdown at the top right, and ban them.

- I go back to the moderation queue and click on Save.

Thanks in advance for suggestions as to a more efficient way to do this.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Click on the user name in the moderation queue.

Click the 'Spam' link which overlays the avatar.
  3. Jake B.

Jake B. Well-Known Member

4. Brogan

That's dealing with accounts which are awaiting approval in the ACP though, not the moderation queue.
  5. Jake B.

Jake B. Well-Known Member

Oops, misread the post. Nevermind. *I wasn't here*
  6. Brogan