I bought an Apple

Vincent

A very expensive Apple :P

I bought a 15 inch Macbook Pro (The 2.2 GHz Model) and I bought it at the price of the 2.0 GHz Model :)

I won't receive it yet, but when it gets here I'll be very happy :D
Any tips, programs or any other Mac stuff I should know off to install on my new Macbook?

I won't drop my Windows 7 yet though :P

Should have gotten a Pear Book :)

Pear_book_pro.jpg

A few programs I would recommend

Little Snitch - Outgoing connection firewall
Transmit - FTP
Text Mate - Text Editor
Stuffit - Compress Stuff
Toast - Burning
Transmission - Torrent
Handbrake - Video converter
AppCleaner - The easy way to uninstall Apps
Parallels Desktop - For when you have no other choice but to boot windows :(

I have had my new MacBook Pro 15" with the core i7 quad processor, 8 G ram, and 7200 rpm 500 gb hd for about a week. It is absolutely the fastest machine I have ever had. I produce educational videos using Adobe Premiere Pro CS 5.5. The video source is a Sony CX 550 that compresses the digital video into the AVCHD format. Until PP 5.5 working with AVCHD was a pain, very slow to import and then very slow to render into a useable video.

It used to take hours to process a video. With the new MacBook, it only takes minutes. PP 5.5 imports and edits AVCHD natively. The rendering takes 5 to 7 minutes for 10 to 15 minute videos. It used to take hours. I would usually start the rendering late at night and leave it until morning. Now I can process video anytime!

Jeff

PS. My Dell dual core MS Vista machine takes several minutes just to boot.

I have had my new MacBook Pro 15" with the core i7 quad processor, 8 G ram, and 7200 rpm 500 gb hd for about a week. It is absolutely the fastest machine I have ever had. I produce educational videos using Adobe Premiere Pro CS 5.5. The video source is a Sony CX 550 that compresses the digital video into the AVCHD format. Until PP 5.5 working with AVCHD was a pain, very slow to import and then very slow to render into a useable video.

It used to take hours to process a video. With the new MacBook, it only takes minutes. PP 5.5 imports and edits AVCHD natively. The rendering takes 5 to 7 minutes for 10 to 15 minute videos. It used to take hours. I would usually start the rendering late at night and leave it until morning. Now I can process video anytime!

Jeff

PS. My Dell dual core MS Vista machine takes several minutes just to boot.

Tell me you didn't get Apple RAM.

Don't stab yourself: http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/58574/newegg-8gb-2x4gb-g.skill-ddr3-1066-sodimm-laptop-memory

I purchased my ram upgrade from Crucial - 4 to 8 - $56 shipped

BTW I have the high resolution ant-glare screen. I initially started purchasing Macs due to their high resolution displays. When CRTs were no longer available, Apple had the best resolution I could find.

Jeff

Top Bottom