XF 2.1 I bought add-ons

Status
Not open for further replies.

itstuff

hello I have purchased about 12 add-ons from one guy and he said its all original add-ons

how to check add-ons are original or nulled?

is there anything to check?

"and no developer will allow it"
"we have lot's of clients they purchase the addon so we just contact them and ask them to send a copy of the original addon"

🤔

If the guy is trying to convince you the whole thing is legitimate then he's doing an awful job at it. The copies you have aren't legitimate, as he's already told you "no developer will allow it". Hence you're not eligible for support & updates from the developer and your copy is unlicensed - effectively pirated. Paying for pirated software doesn't make it legitimate. I'm not sure why you thought it was legitimate when the word "nulled" is on every other thread title on the site and mentioned multiple times on the forum list alone.

Submit a dispute on PayPal or otherwise chargeback letting them know you were fraudulently sold pirated products the seller wasn't authorised to sell.

I'm not sure why, especially if you're paying $93 anyway, you didn't just buy from the official sites.

it was totally headache for me to buy all those plugins one by one from official developers...
Xenforo should make bundle package for users who want to buy with one click and with one payment..

thats why I go with his premium package 93$.

it was totally headache for me to buy all those plugins one by one from official developers...
But that is the proper and legal way to do ot, not but pirated addons.

Xenforo should make bundle package for users who want to buy with one click and with one payment..
XenForo has no control over third party addons, only the addon developers can sell their addons.

thats why I go with his premium package 93$.
You bought pirated illegal copies of the addons.

It almost seems like you're defending the people who resell 'stolen' products to you.

Anyway, it is clear now that you received nulled products which would've been an easy search for you to find out yourself. The products you received could be a serious potential threat to the security of your forums. Do consider that the guy who resells you these stolen products has to gather them from several clients. All these clients could manipulate the product/files they give to the reseller. Also for every update the rightful owner pushes out you will have to wait quite some time as the reseller has to request those updates from his clients. Along with you paying the reseller such a large sum for the add-ons he offers makes it absolutely not worth it.

illegal copies will be harmful?
it will damage to site or what?
Yes, they can be.

I have seen that myself on one of such "client"'s websites when I used to make add-ons. That person also got add-on from fishy website, like you did, then he contacted me asking for support because after installing add-on his website became unusable. I looked at his website, saw pirated copy, compared files to actual files and noticed attempt at installing backdoor that executed code. It was a piss poor attempt though, so instead of doing its job it resulted in errors.

Its not uncommon for warez websites to do such nasty stuff, money you pay to them is like a bonus: they get to steal money and get access to your website.

If you can't afford add-ons, probably you don't need them in first place. XenForo is a forum and it does its job extremely well. If you are installing so many add-ons, probably you are looking for something that is not a forum, then maybe consider using something like WordPress for other parts and XenForo for forum part. There are bridges to connect XF and WP, like one from ThemeHouse team.

I haven't seen anyone quote the XenForo license agreement. In particular this part...
You may not use the Software to engage in any activity that would violate the rights of third parties. You may not use the Software in conjunction with any other software you do not have a valid license to use.
I don't know of any add-on authors that allow reselling of their add-ons on sites such as the site you first mentioned.

So if you're using add-ons that were not purchased directly from the add-on authors, you are in danger of losing your XenForo license.

I haven't seen anyone quote the XenForo license agreement. In particular this part...

I don't know of any add-on authors that allow reselling of their add-ons on sites such as the site you first mentioned.

So if you're using add-ons that were not purchased directly from the add-on authors, you are in danger of losing your XenForo license.
am not using any plugins sir
this thread I just opened for that I got scammed by xenforo user

is there any Expert one who can test those plugins which he sent me?
I mean any one expert can see its nulled or original?

if its nulled then I will start attack on the site owner and will do the highest layer 7 multiple attacks , am professional in this and got warned 2 time for down biggest sites.

please let me know who is professional for test it.

if its nulled then I will start attack on the site owner and will do the highest layer 7 multiple attacks , am professional in this and got warned 2 time for down biggest sites.

They are all nulled/pirated. He is a thief.

You just don't get it do you? Chalk it up to a learning experience and if you really need the addons then buy them directly from the author/creator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom