Happy Pet Owners

Biting or tugging? My male will tug on his sister's tail and leg to get her to play.
It usually ends when she gives a little snap.
When they get that way I tell them to get a toy. Something long so they can play tug.
I get nervous when they tug on a ball for fear of one biting the other's mouth.

JRT are always good with own breed types . My JRT is very good with my friends little JRT but when he is with other breed he just wants to act superior. JRT's think they are big as other dogs but reality is different.

Your jrt is letting the baby know who's boss. There are going to be clashes, so stay close. Once they get used to each other, and the jrt knows that the newbie understands who's boss, it'll lighten up. But if it doesn't, you'll have to always supervise their time together.

JRT's are very territorial, like most dogs. It's just that jrt's are even more so.

They are sleeping nicely on same bed,sharing their toys well it's pet nature they want same what others have can't complain about it . In middle of play time they start fighting and end's up badly yesterday Anchor was hiding all night from him . Sometimes they get on my nerves and i need to shout when i have no energy after long hours of work :(

They are sleeping nicely on same bed,sharing their toys well it's pet nature they want same what others have can't complain about it . In middle of play time they start fighting and end's up badly yesterday Anchor was hiding all night from him . Sometimes they get on my nerves and i need to shout when i have no energy after long hours of work :(
Yeah my shih tzu and jrt sleep nicely together too, and eat side by side, etc etc. But the jrt tries to get all territorial and act superior even tho I've had the shih tzu for years, and the jrt for only a few months.

As soon as they start fighting, break it up immediately. Eventually they'll get it that fighting is not acceptable. Hopefully.

Think about it this way too - your JRT is used to having you all to itself. It's going to take some time... perhaps lots of it... before it can learn to share you with another dog.

Yeah my shih tzu and jrt sleep nicely together too, and eat side by side, etc etc. But the jrt tries to get all territorial and act superior even tho I've had the shih tzu for years, and the jrt for only a few months.

As soon as they start fighting, break it up immediately. Eventually they'll get it that fighting is not acceptable. Hopefully.

Think about it this way too - your JRT is used to having you all to itself. It's going to take some time... perhaps lots of it... before it can learn to share you with another dog.
I hope so on moment i am keeping my eyes on two places PC and over them ...they are playing normally but in a while it will be messy .

I have a cat, and some horses and ponies.
And I am sure there's a spider somewhere :/

I'm horse crazy and would have one if I had the time and money. I hate living in the city - I grew up around horses and ponies and really miss them! They were who I trusted most as a child.

Back to the original question...

I have two dogs (West Highland White Terriers) - Jessa and Kiya, and a house-rabbit (Netherland Dwarf) called Bluebell. :)

Jessa was the runt of her litter and she's a beautiful friend. She sleeps on my pillow lol.

Kiya is a rescue dog with a very severe skin condition - she's on major medications every day, monthly injections and bi-weekly baths. We don't know how old she is but she's pretty old now I think.

This is Bluebell:
bluebell.jpg

These are Kiya (left) and Jessa (right):
kiyaandjess.jpg

And here's one of Jessa with Bluebell:
jessandbluebell2.jpg

Kiya doesn't hang out with Bluebell though cos her terrier instincts are way too strong. When Bluebell was 8 weeks old, Kiya managed to get hold of her in her mouth (she let her go when we said "leave!") and we've never managed to train her out of wanting to chase her etc. Jessa on the other hand is actually submissive towards Bluebell most of the time roflol!

They look Happy and cute :) Rabbit ah well i am planning to move on Rental house might get one of those but i am afraid if my JRT will let me get anyone else in home .

They look Happy and cute :) Rabbit ah well i am planning to move on Rental house might get one of those but i am afraid if my JRT will let me get anyone else in home .

we have 3 dogs in the house with the rabbit, (3rd dog isn't mine - a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel), so we don't give Bluebell the run of the house - she has her own room and then is let out elsewhere in the house when there's someone to supervise and make sure the dogs aren't alone with her (just in case) :). That seems to work well. House rabbits are really great pets - it makes me sad to think of rabbits cooped up in a hutch outside all the time. They are a lot like cats but very sociable. Bluebell is very vocal - it's really funny!

Oh and we spent months training Jessa (and attempting to train Kiya) to not try to eat Bluebell lol! It was worth it in the end with Jessa, but I think it's good to know the limitations of your dogs - like with Kiya for example.

First day when i bough my kid home :)

potter1.webp

After 2months :) He is cute isn't he :p

potter3.webp

On his small bed :)

potter2.webp

Finally started taking over my bed :(

potter5.webp

Was going through old pics these are awesome memories . I know how much i had to go through,
Had to replace 4 Laptop chargers, twice Keyboards & finally laptop itself :( I lost the counts how many iphone chargers i had to replace when he was small .

There's some great photos in this thread :) Makes you forget all about the world's problems for a few minutes :)

PS. Kier you need to lay off those Xtreme Pringles mate, you'll put on weight!!

Top Bottom