Happy Pet Owners

My favorite pet poem. Someone sent this to me when I had to have my cat put to sleep. :(

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,
Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
Where the friends of man and woman do run,
When their time on earth is over and done.
For here, between this world and the next,
Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
On this golden land, they wait and they play,
Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.
No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.
They romp through the grass, without even a care,
Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.
For just at that instant, their eyes have met;
Together again, both person and pet.
So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
The time of their parting is over at last.
The sadness they felt while they were apart,
Has turned into joy once more in each heart.
They embrace with a love that will last forever,
And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.

© 1998 Steve and Diane Bodofsky. All Rights Reserved.

View the print

Nice site canine chat i always thought about coming up with Pet site Project got lot of ideas about it probably someday :)
lol i run 4 of them so far The most recent is hidden behind an htaccess password, But yeah there is nothing like talking about your pets and their goofy antics..
oh wow sorry I missed your post. I like your canine chat site. I'll have to join up with that. Love the style too!
Thanks Peggy, Its been in heavy decline for months im hoping the XF installation will give it the boost it needs.

lol my aims to destroy it always every pet toys lasts only for couples of hours .
Same here. My two tag team. The idea is to rip out the stuffing and squeaker as fast as they can.
Unfortunately they do the same to chipmunks and frogs. :(
I tried to get my dog into frisbee. It's just another game of tug.

My jrt loves frisbee. I never knew such a small dog could jump so high! :eek: Catches it almost every time.
He doesn't tear the squakers out of his squeaky toys. He likes to irritate the mess out of me by trotting all over the house with it in his mouth and squeak squeak squeak.
uuugghhh
Stuffed toys do not last. They're just something else to tear up. heh better them than our sneakers and socks, so I buy them anyway.

Same here. My two tag team. The idea is to rip out the stuffing and squeaker as fast as they can.
Unfortunately they do the same to chipmunks and frogs. :(
I tried to get my dog into frisbee. It's just another game of tug.
Ye and i am having fun right now i gave 2 different chew bones for both of them and both are fighting over each others chew bones lol

Ye and i am having fun right now i gave 2 different chew bones for both of them and both are fighting over each others chew bones lol
My female will tease her brother with toys. She'll take things from him just because. Or push toys into his face as if to say, see, it's mine! You can't have it.

potter.webp

haha lol war is still going on from last 20min :P

I need some real good advice here : How to make two dogs get along with each Other my JRT(potter-14months old) is with me from 13months now and adopted Anchor(4months) Shepherd Mix ...Whenever they start playing it starts fine but ends up with fights biting each other mostly JRT he is tough over the other one :(

Any good advice to keep them off without fights would be good .

I need some real good advice here : How to make two dogs get along with each Other my JRT(potter-14months old) is with me from 13months now and adopted Anchor(4months) Shepherd Mix ...Whenever they start playing it starts fine but ends up with fights biting each other mostly JRT he is tough over the other one :(

Any good advice to keep them off without fights would be good .
Biting or tugging? My male will tug on his sister's tail and leg to get her to play.
It usually ends when she gives a little snap.
When they get that way I tell them to get a toy. Something long so they can play tug.
I get nervous when they tug on a ball for fear of one biting the other's mouth.

Your jrt is letting the baby know who's boss. There are going to be clashes, so stay close. Once they get used to each other, and the jrt knows that the newbie understands who's boss, it'll lighten up. But if it doesn't, you'll have to always supervise their time together.

JRT's are very territorial, like most dogs. It's just that jrt's are even more so.

Top Bottom