[HA] News Ticker

[HA] News Ticker [Paid] 1.3.1

No permission to buy ($39.99)
it seems the creating table was done after the uninstall passed the dropping part.

After you finished the uninstall, run this:
Code:
ALTER TABLE `xf_user_option` DROP COLUMN `dad_nt_show_newsticker`
so that it drops the column.
Then everything is cleared.
After that, if you install it, it will completely install and add things.
Thanks, installed and worked as normal.

Although, I'm still worried about errors on user registration. Today no one was able to register a new account. I received some errors from registration, I have shared those error logs with you in this post. The new user preference options seems to be the problem on registration. I don't need this option at all so I have not changed the usergroup permission for anyone:

perm.webp
Is it fine as it is?

Although, I'm still worried about errors on user registration. Today no one was able to register a new account. I have shared the error logs with you in this post. The new user preference options seems to be the problem on registration. I don't need this option at all so I have not changed the usergroup permission for anyone:

perm-jpg.151240

Is it fine as it is?
that error in that time was because the db column for it wasn't created for you. and while registration it wanted to add value to it but couldn't find it.

Now that is created and so, everything works fine. To be sure, create a new test user.

thanks for the fast reply, i want to show thread news as in the thread subject and the message then post this as the news source on the main site
does it make more sense or not?

thanks for the fast reply, i want to show thread news as in the thread subject and the message then post this as the news source on the main site
does it make more sense or not?
My addon doesnt post anything. It just shows. I mean, it uses RSS of the target sites, and SHOWS latest content of there.
But it shows richer than normal rss reader (based on the one you select.)

Lets see an example of a rss you mentioned: http://feeds.bbci.co.uk/news/rss.xml
(I select Swift Ticker and I use its vertical dark theme)

(I should add that you can add multiple RSS + you have multiple themes + you may set custom title for each rss + every single element of the ticker is under control in swift ticker. you can see its options attached. in addition to that options, you have Swift Ticker Social + Swift Ticker Custom News that you can show latest of your pages in different social networks like facebook and twitter and ... + showing custom text. Read resource's description for more details.)
https://www.4shared.com/s/f9p7O6wINca
Let me know if you have more questions please.

Attachments

• swift.webp
    swift.webp
    47.3 KB · Views: 3
This is a GREAT Ticker thank you!

Just getting alerts from Securi security that the following files are out of date and that I should update...

Warning: Found outdated TimThumb inside: ./xen/js/dadparvar/newsticker/swiftticker/oldd/old/php_assets/nb_thumbs.php - Version: 2.8.10 - Please update asap.
Warning: Found outdated TimThumb inside: ./xen/js/dadparvar/newsticker/swiftticker/oldd/php_assets/nb_thumbs.php - Version: 2.8.10 - Please update asap.
Warning: Found outdated TimThumb inside: ./xen/js/dadparvar/newsticker/swiftticker/php_assets/nb_thumbs.php - Version: 2.8.10 - Please update asap.

How do I update them to clear this security warning?

This is a GREAT Ticker thank you!

Just getting alerts from Securi security that the following files are out of date and that I should update...

Warning: Found outdated TimThumb inside: ./xen/js/dadparvar/newsticker/swiftticker/oldd/old/php_assets/nb_thumbs.php - Version: 2.8.10 - Please update asap.
Warning: Found outdated TimThumb inside: ./xen/js/dadparvar/newsticker/swiftticker/oldd/php_assets/nb_thumbs.php - Version: 2.8.10 - Please update asap.
Warning: Found outdated TimThumb inside: ./xen/js/dadparvar/newsticker/swiftticker/php_assets/nb_thumbs.php - Version: 2.8.10 - Please update asap.

How do I update them to clear this security warning?
Hi SatGuyScott,

Im out of our country and dont have access to pc.

But lets do it for now: find this folder xen/js/dadparvar/newsticker/swiftticker/oldd

The oldd i mean. And delete it. I had plan to remove it for next update. The updated version of it is already in the package. So no need to do anything more.

Let me know the result please.

Hi, I have the Swift Ticker - RSS and also the Swift Ticker - Socials on my home page

Both have their position set to Forum List Below Nodes

But, I would like the Swift Ticker - Socials to appear above Swift Ticker - RSS

How do I do this please?

https://onlyonecardiff.city

zWRXCk7.jpg

Hi, I have the Swift Ticker - RSS and also the Swift Ticker - Socials on my home page

Both have their position set to Forum List Below Nodes

But, I would like the Swift Ticker - Socials to appear above Swift Ticker - RSS

How do I do this please?

https://onlyonecardiff.city

zWRXCk7.jpg
First a question:
Do you also have widget framework? If yes simply use their widget and then set order.

But if you don't have widget framework, let me know so that I guide you how to change it using TM system (when I arrive. I'm out now)

First a question:
Do you also have widget framework? If yes simply use their widget and then set order.

But if you don't have widget framework, let me know so that I guide you how to change it using TM system (when I arrive. I'm out now)

I downloaded WF but when I created a widget for the Swift Ticker - RSS it placed it into the sidebar (which I don't want)

I would appreciate it if you could show me how to reorder the tickers using the TM system, thanks,

would appreciate it if you could show me how to reorder the tickers using the TM system, thanks,
Sure. Although using WF when you have it was better than editing TM, but I'll tell you how to edit TM when I arrive.
I downloaded WF but when I created a widget for the Swift Ticker - RSS it placed it into the sidebar (which I don't want)
Using WF you can display the widget any where. Just change the position then it will go from sidebar to any where you set.

I tried all kinds of settings using WF but I just couldn't work it out. The ticker would always show as a widget in the sidebar no matter what I set it to.

I'd prefer guidance on swapping the ticker positions with TM if possible please.

I would appreciate it if you could show me how to reorder the tickers using the TM system, thanks
Go to Template Modifications. Find the add-on's TMs. Then open the one which is "forum_list" that next to it it is written "Show News Ticker Above Nodes in Forum List Page". Now, in the "Replace" field, move the block of code for swift to above of the block of code for swift social.

So, you should cut this part:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.dadparvar_newsticker_st_social_active}">
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.dadparvar_newsticker_st_social_position} == 'forumlistabovenodes' ">
<span class="tickersts">
<xen:include template="dad_news_ticker_swiftticker_social" />
</span>
</xen:if>
and paste it above this block:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.dadparvar_newsticker_st_active}">
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.dadparvar_newsticker_st_position} == 'forumlistabovenodes' ">
<span class="tickerst">
<xen:include template="dad_news_ticker_swiftticker" />
</span>
(which is now above it)

I'd prefer guidance on swapping the ticker positions with TM if possible please.
the reason why I suggest you using WF and not editing TM is that if I update the add-on, then you will lose your customizations. (although you can use a indirect way to force changes using TM on effects of other TMs, but anyway I don't recommend it)
If you WANT to use WF but you have problem and want me to help you, just simply send admin user pass via pm to me and I'll set it up for you and then check it and learn it yourself.

Actually, I just figured out how to do this with WF, thanks for your help though, very much appreciated.

Only problem is now both tickers on the homepage have titles that I can't seem to get rid of.

Actually, I just figured out how to do this with WF, thanks for your help though, very much appreciated.

Only problem is now both tickers on the homepage have titles that I can't seem to get rid of.
add it to EXTRA.css and see if its what you want?
Code:
#widget-14 > h3, #widget-15 > h3{
    display: none;
}

add it to EXTRA.css and see if its what you want?
Code:
#widget-14 > h3, #widget-15 > h3{
    display: none;
}

Thanks for that. I saw that it was possible to simply add HTML to the Title field in the Edit Widget page. I used <div style="display:none">

Again, thanks for your help!

Top Bottom