Grand Theft Auto V

so i bout had a nerdgasm when i imagined what the world would like with no oceanwater and jus the ocean floor and that huge plateau of land that is san andreas

i wiggled the cable, turned it off, turned it back on. got red lights again, repeated the process. it's green right now. this has me worried because my other xbox had red-lighted couple months ago....

cmon lemme at least beat the game first!

LOL feels like you're beating an old car to get to a much needed job interview or something. I suspect it'll last long enough. You might be playing it too long and it's overheating? I know I got the YLOD on the PS3 one day but I left the sucker on for 14 hours. I took breaks, but I left the thing on while I went to do things :p

Went to Subway to pick my wife up a sandwich... right next door is GameStop.. Well, I just HAD to Stop and get a Game. Figured I see what all talk is about. Right now it's doing it's Update is Available download. After that, each my home-made cheese enchiladas and then get to some serious xBox'n.:p

Went to Subway to pick my wife up a sandwich... right next door is GameStop.. Well, I just HAD to Stop and get a Game. Figured I see what all talk is about. Right now it's doing it's Update is Available download. After that, each my home-made cheese enchiladas and then get to some serious xBox'n.:p
Have you ever played a GTA game before?

I was not expecting the actual topless dancers in the private room of the strip club. Glad no kids were around.
Had both at 100% like on a double lap dance... but didn't get off the touch button quite quick enough and got thrown out of the club so didn't get to see if I got to take one home.
Game moves to slow for me. I'm more into fast paced FPS games.

I was not expecting the actual topless dancers in the private room of the strip club. Glad no kids were around.
Topless dancers have been in Grand Theft Auto since the PlayStation 2 days.

I've been playing this all week. Still ain't beat it. Keep getting distracted with so much other things you can do.

So I've been really really thinking of getting this game but I wonder if anyone that has played it might be able to answer a few questions.

Regarding Online:
1. Can you create your own character?
-Including Male/Female gender?
--If so, can you actually use your own character in all online modes? In GTA IV you couldn't use your own Character online except for in Free Mode.

2. If I just wanted to play online to drive around with other people, can I do that or are their specific death match type games I'll be forced to play?
3. Are Crews like Guilds? Is there any in-game voice chat support?
4. If I don't care too much about blowing crap up or prostitutes, should I even buy this game?

So I've been really really thinking of getting this game but I wonder if anyone that has played it might be able to answer a few questions.

Regarding Online:
1. Can you create your own character? In Single Player no. In Multiplayer kinda
-Including Male/Female gender? Male and Female in Multiplayer. All the SP characters are male.
--If so, can you actually use your own character in all online modes? In GTA IV you couldn't use your own Character online except for in Free Mode. Same thing as gta 4

2. If I just wanted to play online to drive around with other people, can I do that or are their specific death match type games I'll be forced to play? there's free mode and an array of jobs/game modes to play. You start out in free mode.
3. Are Crews like Guilds? Is there any in-game voice chat support? Crews are like guilds and yes there is in-game chat with mute options
4. If I don't care too much about blowing crap up or prostitutes, should I even buy this game?
If you like heists and playing the protagonist, then get it. Blowing up crap and visiting prostitutes or a side thing and not the "main point". It's an open world and it's meant to be explored along with doing the story.

Hi Oxy, thanks for the responses! I figured I'd try out the game and see how things go from there. If worse comes to worse I have a friend that I'm sure would take it off my hands.

Multiplayer is usually the types of games I play and I just like BSing around so I'll likely be in Free Mode for the most part. Hope to see some of you around.

Free Mode is great. I spend about 80% of my time there. In the beginning as a lower level you'll find a lack of structured activities, but as your rank increases you'll find something to do every 10-15 mins if you want to do it.
I'm always hunting down good cars to sell, chasing armored trucks, stealing cars for jobs, doing impromptu races, and racing to crates lol
Never a dull moment. I played about 7 hours yesterday with the wifey :) good times.

Can you gain levels or whatever in Free Mode? All these jobs you're speaking of, you can do that in Free Mode? Personally, I have zero interest in the single player aspect of the game.

I bought the game but haven't had the chance to play it yet due to freezing issues with the PS3 while trying to update the game. I'm hoping to give it a try tomorrow or maybe even tonight.

Levels are known as rank in the game. You may gain rank by doing a number of activities in and out of free mode. Jobs will get you the most Rank Points (Experience Points). Jobs are obtained via characters in GTAO such as lester, simeon, ron, gerald and lamar. You will be forced to go through a sort of "tutorial" mode and won't be able to join other players until you complete the first 4-5 missions. Now you may do these missions with other newbies, but you guys are limited in GTAO until you complete the tutorial phase. You will gain contacts from this tutorial and from there you'll start getting texts/calls from the characters about jobs. You may start them or ignore them. I suggest doing them as it's the fastest RP gain and generally better paying.

Thanks so much for all of your advice and support. It sounds pretty good. I managed to get the game working by searching online for related troubleshooting tips. Hopefully there won't be any more issues. I look forward to driving around and buying a house (think that part is really cool).

Rockstar says they're trying to fix all the problems, so if your house, car, apartment, or whatever other big purchases you've made thus far disappears; just know they're working on it.

Top Bottom