GoodForNothing Image Optimizer [Paid] [Deleted]

@Mr. Goodie2Shoes I too have the same issue as @Sunka - large queue and lots of image not optimised etc
He promise update/bugfix next day or two, but that never happened.
I uninstall this addon since than. I bought both addons (this and clasifields one), but after year of waiting, nothing is delivered.
I do not trust him any more.

I may have understanding for all of that if addons was free, but they are payed addons so I do not have patience nor will for waiting.

I'm having some serious issues with the add-on not being able to process a large queue, despite having the php execution time set to 300 seconds. I also notice that the deffered page does not update in contrast to the deferred page I know with add-ons and rebuild caches. Can I do something to fix this?

I'm having some serious issues with the add-on not being able to process a large queue, despite having the php execution time set to 300 seconds. I also notice that the deffered page does not update in contrast to the deferred page I know with add-ons and rebuild caches. Can I do something to fix this?
Please check your PM.

One thing to note when using this add-on is the online services like Optimus.io and Imagify.io are pretty much worthless if you are trying to bulk resize all of the images that have already been uploaded to your websites. Those services have like a 5MB limit for each request. It will bottleneck and stop when trying to do a mass bulk conversion. Kraken is the only one that is half way decent in that regard and they have a much larger 32MB limit. I resized all of my images with Kraken, but I had to go in there and keep manually forcing the queue list log to finish until it was fully completed. You will never even get that far using Optimus.io and Imagify.io. Even Ewww.io has the 5MB limit. There is the one bug I found with Ewww.io that has not yet been corrected, but he has already acknowledged that one is real.

I think Kraken.io now is also doing png files so that’s the one I’m am using and without any problems for normal site image upload traffic. I do want to try Ewww.io again though after he corrects the bug, but forget using the other two for bulk conversions. It’s a waste of time. Even Ewww.io will probably bottleneck and stop too when doing mass resize conversions.

Last edited:
Hi i have been using this for a while but would now like to remove it. How can i safely stop using this and remove it without losing images etc.

Hi i have been using this for a while but would now like to remove it. How can i safely stop using this and remove it without losing images etc.

Just uninstall it like normal, it won't disconnect any of your files/attachments. That's not how it works.

Also, you will have to wait until this developer returns again, he always does. Right now you wont get any answers until he comes back.

I've been using the latest version of this optimizer with Kraken.io for everyday image upload site traffic and it works fine. There has been some confusion with people trying to use Kraken.io and the other online services to rebuild all of the images that are already on their sites and they should have known it will never work for that due to the restrictions with those services let alone restrictions with your hosting company. I was able to do it using Kraken.io with their 32MB limit, but I had to get in their and keep forcing the process log to finish and it took like 100 times or more of doing that until it was completely finished.

The only bug I have found is with Ewww.io and he will probably fix that when he comes back. He already acknowledged it was real.

from what i know, school. last year he went away for a little bit for his trimester. guessing the same reason.
the problem is that he doesn't comunicate about this things so people get upset and not trust him anymore

the problem is that he doesn't comunicate about this things so people get upset and not trust him anymore
Not like it matters.,there aren't any features that need fixing or updating. Kraken API isn't like fb where they break everything time and time again

Not like it matters.,there aren't any features that need fixing or updating. Kraken API isn't like fb where they break everything time and time again
It would be nice to use the 100-0 quality settings they offer for jpg and png instead of only lossy.

This add-on is worth waiting for because it's the only one that works with the bd Attachment Store add-on. It currently works and I've only found one bug in his last update with Ewww.io. Other than that everything else seems to be working an it's still active on my board.

He did reply back to me a couple of months ago via a conversation message. Sooner or later he'll be back again.

The problem is not this specific addon but other ones. (Classifieds' for example)

Top Bottom