GoodForNothing Image Optimizer [Paid] [Deleted]

Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes submitted a new resource:

GoodForNothing Kraken - Compress/Optimize attached images to increase loading speed and reduces disk space usage...

How to Buy
Please read the FAQ :)

Introduction
This add-on uses kraken.io to optimize/compress attached images on your board. Why is that necessary you might ask? Of course to reduce both the page load time for your visitors and disk space for your server! :D...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Compressing a 471KB .jpg
upload_2015-1-25_16-31-20.webp
Would it be more relevant to show compression of large iphone files 2 MB or large photo files 6 MB ?
Showing a 32K saving in space isnt exactly showing the benefits to kraken.io

Would it be more relevant to show compression of large iphone files 2 MB or large photo files 6 MB ?
Showing a 32K saving in space isnt exactly showing the benefits to kraken.io
I used Kraken for my sisters photo blog and it would routinely shrink 4mb photos down to 500kb. Small space saving add up though when you have tens of thousands of hosted images.

Just wanted to say it might take some time before I add the support as I don't want to blindly add something. I'll have to see how all the optimizations are done first :)

Fully understandable. I'm with the current system up and running for years, so waiting some more weeks is not an issue. Just started to realize how many of my members are uploading iPhone Images with 1-2MB... ;-)

I was actually going to add a couple of more screenshots with images taken by a phone and a DSLR today.

It would be useful but maybe too many resources to also optimize proxy images?
Good suggestion. I actually didn't thought about it. Will be adding support :)

A log might be nice too
What do you want to see (fields) in a log? :)

It should be noted that you also need a kraken.io plan (they start from $9 a month) to use this.

Additionally, it should perhaps be clarified that in the options that the developer has his own affiliate link in there when you try to create a kraken account).

Wish these had been clarified and post on the overview page.

Additionally, it should perhaps be clarified that in the options that the developer has his own affiliate link in there when you try to create a kraken account).
Ah... I was supposed to remove that... Thanks for pointing it out. This has been removed :)

Wish these had been clarified and post on the overview page.
I thought "uses kraken.io" was more than enough :p

@Mr. Goodie2Shoes will the web interface pro version membership work with this? https://kraken.io/pro it has API access...or do i need to select one of the plans from here https://kraken.io/plans?
Both are the same thing. /pro is the landing page and /plans shows what plans are available ;)

@Digital Doctor
Hope this will satisfy you: :D
e5b2a98216728a082156f934798b2cdc.png

29aab3f70688a3040568172948cc74a6.jpg

Top Bottom