GoodForNothing Image Optimizer [Paid] [Deleted]

Really nice work, I've been wanting something like this for ages!

As soon as this works with XMG and Showcase for local image services, I'll be going for it :). I've got a huge gallery installation which I need to re-compress, so Kraken IO may be expensive in the long run.

Just wanted to say thanks for coding this and I look forward to seeing it develop. I'm looking forward to using it in the future!

Reactions: gfc
I've got a huge gallery installation which I need to re-compress, so Kraken IO may be expensive in the long run
One strategy is to select a bigger plan monthly for the initial compress and then down grade the plan to either 2gb or 500mb a month for the new stuff

One strategy is to select a bigger plan monthly for the initial compress and then down grade the plan to either 2gb or 500mb a month for the new stuff

Yeah I'd do that, but we still get through a lot of images per month so would end up with the $39/month plan - not a huge amount, but over a couple of years we'd be at $1k when it could be done locally for free :D. That's the hope anyway :).

I'm going to batch update 1,536 attachments now to see what sort of reduction you can get with the lossy compression.

Before:
Code:
[root@host data]# du -sh *
523M    attachment-files

Any and all images uploaded via XenForo's Attachment Handler will get processed. That might also include the Showcase add-on. Though I will have to look into the code to confirm :)

I've got a suggestion for this mod which I'd really like to see, which is that when images are rebuilt then the max image dimensions are taken from the current XF settings. I want to use this addon to shrink image filesizes, but I've got a huge stack of images that were uploaded on a prior forum platform which are around 6MB and silly dimensions (16MP). If I could resize these to say use a max dimension of 1600x1600, then that would be a HUGE saving in filesize.

I've got a suggestion for this mod which I'd really like to see, which is that when images are rebuilt then the max image dimensions are taken from the current XF settings. I want to use this addon to shrink image filesizes, but I've got a huge stack of images that were uploaded on a prior forum platform which are around 6MB and silly dimensions (16MP). If I could resize these to say use a max dimension of 1600x1600, then that would be a HUGE saving in filesize.
https://kraken.io/docs/image-resizing

Really useful addon (y)

Jut waiting for this :)
  • Adding support for other popular applications like XFMG, Showcase, etc (This mainly depends on which license I can buy first :) ).
  • Adding the ability to compress images from the /style/ directory.
  • Adding the ability to use "on-site" local applications to do all the optimizations. That means no more kraken.io for those who want to use third-party services! :D

Top Bottom