GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

@Mr. Goodie2Shoes I hope the ratings system coding is coming along. I think I asked you this in a PC but I wanted to follow up: will the ratings system be tied solely to a transaction, or will it be something that can be also used outside of a transaction, meaning, user-to-user in general?

The reason I ask is that for a local/hobbyist club like ours, one user might help another user out with a problem (in person) they might want to give them kudos for helping them out. I'm hoping this is what you're planning :)

@Floyd R Turbo I think I got back to you regarding this: yes, users can also rate others outside the classified transactions. And criteria can be set in such a way that criteria can be a global one or per classified category basis. :)

I don't think ratings should be possible outside of sales/purchases. Users will game the system that way. If it is possible, it should be optionional as admin to set it for only classifieds.

Would like to see the user rating appear on the member postbit
Already added (somewhat) :)

I don't think ratings should be possible outside of sales/purchases. Users will game the system that way. If it is possible, it should be optionional as admin to set it for only classifieds.
I went with "opening" up the system for a better way to import the ratings. But yeah, an admin option to disable it can prove useful :)

I went with "opening" up the system for a better way to import the ratings. But yeah, an admin option to disable it can prove useful :)
Does this mean anyone can just rate any member without being part of a classified transaction? No limits? I hope not because for many forums that will make the ratings almost useless. Ratings really should only happen between seller and buyer.

Does this mean anyone can just rate any member without being part of a classified transaction? No limits? I hope not because for many forums that will make the ratings almost useless. Ratings really should only happen between seller and buyer.

I've had cases where members sold stuff via text messages. so it would be great to have the option to rate others for transactions outside of the forum.

When will this version with it be released?
Not giving out any specific date, but target the last week of this month :)

Sometimes transactions might happen outside the classifieds system and the user wants to record their feedback like @Optima said. And also, there will be moderation queue system which you can enable... and not to mention an admin option to disable ratings outside of completed classifieds.

Using "fail" was a little harsh since I didn't go with prefixes as both the phrases has the same (more or less) content and no duplicates means less work for the translators. And I think @Chris D also went without it because of the same reason.
Templates, yes this conflict we got to fix. :)

Currency support as in ability to make payments for the packages with the virtual currencies? That would be after this version :)
I'm referring more to the ability to sell items for virtual currency. I use the market for helping assist gamers in trading their virtual goods, so they trade items for in-game currency (for example, gold).

Have you managed to fix this?
Though I have yet to test out in the public sites, it does look like this issue can be fixed by using canonical urls: https://moz.com/blog/rel-confused-answers-to-your-rel-canonical-questions which has been implemented for the next version :)

I'm referring more to the ability to sell items for virtual currency. I use the market for helping assist gamers in trading their virtual goods, so they trade items for in-game currency (for example, gold).
This is already possible as long as there's no "paid" packages. Payment support will be added with the commerce module :)

Top Bottom