GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

That is great! How do I do it? I don't need payment processing, I just need the currency to be called "Gold." All the exchanged take place inside the game.
You can set the custom currency in the "Basic Settings" tab inside System Options
upload_2015-9-27_19-3-19.webp
Set "Custom Currency ID" to "GOL" and "Custom Currency Title" to "Gold" and you are all set :)

I'm almost exploding with anticipation for the next version :)

That is great! How do I do it? I don't need payment processing, I just need the currency to be called "Gold." All the exchanged take place inside the game.

Check the "basic settings" panel: Custom Currency Title

Edit: Never mind, Goodie2Shoes beat me to it...

@Mr. Goodie2Shoes I have a problem when I require a location for a listing, the map doesn't pull up at all and when I enter in a city/state and click "Search" it reloads the blank Create Classified page. I'm pretty sure this is because I am https as a very similar thing happened with XenAtendo Pro 2 recently on another site, can you direct me to the template to mod?

@Mr. Goodie2Shoes I have a problem when I require a location for a listing, the map doesn't pull up at all and when I enter in a city/state and click "Search" it reloads the blank Create Classified page. I'm pretty sure this is because I am https as a very similar thing happened with XenAtendo Pro 2 recently on another site, can you direct me to the template to mod?
ahh yes... I was supposed to go with HTTPS but forgot to change it later on... :oops:
Search for the code
Code:
<xen:require js="http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js" />
in the template
Code:
classifieds_item_edit
XenForo's default template editor doesn't show the line number unfortunately :D

Thanks! That got the map working when creating the listing, but it doesn't show up on the actual classified. Also all of my social media icons are missing as are any default classifieds icons (like if I don't upload one), might this be related to style properties (using PixelExit XenBase and custom style)

Here is the 'location' tab, but no location is shown. Also, on the initial creation of the listing, there was no Comment tab, but instead the comment box was under the Location tab. Then when i entered a comment, the comment tab was created but the comment (an comment box) shows up in both the comment and location tab. Not sure if that was intended

class 3.webp

but it doesn't show up on the actual classified.
oops... you'll have to edit the template
Code:
classifieds_item_view
and update the same piece of code as posted above on line 5.

Also all of my social media icons are missing as are any default classifieds icons
I guess PixelExit uses a little different directory structure. Please check the '@imagePath' style property (you can use ACP's quick search) and note down the path of the style's base directory and copy the directory gfnclassifieds from /styles/default to the path inputted in that property :)

there was no Comment tab, but instead the comment box was under the Location tab.
The comment section is shown on all the tabs. But the comments tab should still be shown when there are no comments. I'll look into this.
The next version actually includes options for the admin to select which other tabs the comment section will be appended. :)

I guess PixelExit uses a little different directory structure. Please check the '@imagePath' style property (you can use ACP's quick search) and note down the path of the style's base directory and copy the directory gfnclassifieds from /styles/default to the path inputted in that property
Yup, problem #1 was the /style files somehow were never uploaded. I think this was related to the install/upgrade errors I have been encountering recently. Fixed now.

I skimmed this but didn't find it: what about alert bubbles on the Classifieds tab for classifieds without threads?

What about a widget?

Is there a way to disable the location field? I'd rather place it with a simple text field for location. Even with the check to hide the location from public it's still showing the street etc. Instead of just city/state.

I've had all my mods try out the system. All of them including myself didn't understand what classified Icon was. Maybe it should be relabeled as Featured Image? I'd say instead of that field all together, can we just have the first picture uploaded be that "icon" ?

Even with the check to hide the location from public it's still showing the street etc. Instead of just city/state.
If you have the permission "Bypass User Privacy" then you will view the full address. Other users will only see the city, state and country.

Maybe it should be relabeled as Featured Image?
Icon made more sense to me when I first built it as the image created is not a very viewable one...

I'd say instead of that field all together, can we just have the first picture uploaded be that "icon"
Instead of making the first image the "featured" I'll be adding an option to select the featured image from the uploaded images for the gallery.

Might have found a bug

If I create 2 categories, and I'm viewing the listings (list view or grid view) in one category and I click Add Classified, it doesn't give me the option of choosing which category I want to list the item in - it defaults to the category that the request originated from - no overlay w/selector comes up as it does when you are click Add Category from the main Classifieds page

@Floyd R Turbo that is as expected. If the visitor is "inside" a category and hit's the "Add Classified" button the system assumes that the visitor wants to create a classified in this category. This is also how XenResource work if I am not mistaken.

When I share a classified post to a facebook group. The users are seeing attachment unavailable and it isn't working for them. If I was to say just link a forum thread it would work in that group. I've been posting in this group for a long time and never had a problem. But all classified ads shared from the classified section seem to be having this problem.

FYI - demo store = An exception occurred: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111) in /home/gfnclassifieds/sites/classifieds.gfn.ninja/demo/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php on line 333

Top Bottom