GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

uhm I understand but for example... think about ternary in criteria like:
"shipping time" or "item as describe"

I think that +1 | 0 | -1 are a little limited once people begin to accumulate votes... I see many people with 100% of +1 and very few of them with less than 100%.
because a "0" will be saw like more negative than positive, instead a 4 star over 5 is still a good rating.

If you're going to ternary I think that I'm going to re-think criteria like questions, for example:
"item was like described?"
"shipping was fast as promised"
etc

In this way people will respond with yes (+1), no (-1), "so and so" (o).

optionally another solution could be remove the possibility to give the feedback and calculate it (+1, 0, -1) by an average of criteria ratings (by setting thresholds).

examples:

criteria one +1
criteria two 0
criteria three 0
auto calculated feedback: 0

criteria one +1
criteria two +1
criteria three 0
auto calculated feedback: +1

criteria one 4/5 star
criteria two 3/5 star
criteria three 4/5 star

criteria one 4/5 star
criteria two 3/5 star
criteria three 4/5 star

criteria one 2/5 star
criteria two 2/5 star
criteria three 3/5 star
auto calculated feedback: -1

Personally I would be happy with just -1 0 +1 and just one feedback rating.. We could break it down into shipping, etc in some future update. Right now members just need to know who is trustworthy with a general overall feedback. KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid)

@Mr. Goodie2Shoes
How to

1. Show state filters

upload_2015-8-27_12-32-8.webp

2. Price

upload_2015-8-27_12-34-24.webp

automatically adding a comma when entering prices

upload_2015-8-27_12-57-50.webp

3. delete Advertiser's Name and title

upload_2015-8-27_12-36-32.webp

4. delete tab

upload_2015-8-27_12-41-30.webp

5. change the default location

upload_2015-8-27_12-44-59.webp

6.change Default Currency

upload_2015-8-27_12-48-33.webp

7. This Bump Classified -> display the message you have to do to succeed

upload_2015-8-27_12-52-31.webp

8. Change Icon Classified by thumb of image gallery

upload_2015-8-27_12-55-26.webp

9. change order commets (Latest displayed below)

upload_2015-8-27_13-0-44.webp

Thanks

Last edited:
Personally I would be happy with just -1 0 +1 and just one feedback rating.. We could break it down into shipping, etc in some future update. Right now members just need to know who is trustworthy with a general overall feedback. KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid)
Agreed - the main purpose is to find out if a user it trustworthy or not. An option for custom fields down the road could be useful for some forums, but should probably not be a priority.

Also - I'm guessing that the user will be able to add a comment together with the rating? Any critique regarding the packaging or whatever could be forwarded in that way.

Last edited:
@Kintaro Yes, the criteria will be more like questions for the end-user.

@popr criteria can be classified into the KISS class :D

@DroidOne yes, there will be a comments box. And also, I don't really think custom fields are necessary for reviews and criteria is more than enough...

1. Show state filters
To keep the design clean and consistent with the rest of XenForo, it is better to keep the filters under the filter menu.
There will be more flexibility once the commerce add-on/module is done ;)
automatically adding a comma when entering prices
Not really necessary to add commas in the fields... just makes the resolve in the back-end complicated.
4. delete tab
It's not possible and again, to keep it clean I wont change that (also considering that the number of queries will sky rocket (well, I might be exaggerating a bit :P))
5. change the default location
The next version includes admin definable latitudes and longitudes. A later version will use the visitor's GeoIP to set the default marker.
6.change Default Currency
You can change the default currency simply by setting the "Custom Currency" options.
7. This Bump Classified -> display the message you have to do to succeed
That has been implemented.
8. Change Icon Classified by thumb of image gallery
That is in my to do list.
9. change order commets (Latest displayed below)
I'll see what I can do :)

@Kintaro Yes, the criteria will be more like questions for the end-user.

@popr criteria can be classified into the KISS class :D

@DroidOne yes, there will be a comments box. And also, I don't really think custom fields are necessary for reviews and criteria is more than enough...

To keep the design clean and consistent with the rest of XenForo, it is better to keep the filters under the filter menu.

There will be more flexibility once the commerce add-on/module is done ;)

Not really necessary to add commas in the fields... just makes the resolve in the back-end complicated.

It's not possible and again, to keep it clean I wont change that (also considering that the number of queries will sky rocket (well, I might be exaggerating a bit :p))

The next version includes admin definable latitudes and longitudes. A later version will use the visitor's GeoIP to set the default marker.

You can change the default currency simply by setting the "Custom Currency" options.

That has been implemented.

That is in my to do list.

I'll see what I can do :)

please guide me show you the filter (# 1), I do not want it displayed in the menu ( Can you guide me to do I need for templates or php )

Last edited:
not sure I'd agree with several of xfstyle's suggestions. And hey @Mr. Goodie2Shoes sorry for the radio silence, I've just been so damn busy lately with family and planning a trip later this year. It's been hectic, sorry I've not been around :)

Progress is looking good on the classifieds system. I notice you are a bit late with that mid-august estimation for the ratings system :p not that it matters for me personally with how busy I've been though :(

Hope all is well.

Hello,

Since i'v implemented classifieds on my website, i have a lot of Duplicate meta descriptions, title tags and short meta descriptions:

Capture1.webp Capture.webp

This can affect my SEO... Can i do something about that?

Thank you!

When I go to applications I don't see the anything related to the add on.
Check if you admin account has the necessary permissions.

Progress is looking good on the classifieds system. I notice you are a bit late with that mid-august estimation for the ratings system :p not that it matters for me personally with how busy I've been though :(
Welcome back! :D
Truth be told I forgot about my finals when I gave you that estimation :P Work is progressing at a steady rate though been busy with some personal matters for the past few days :)

Since i'v implemented classifieds on my website, i have a lot of Duplicate meta descriptions, title tags and short meta descriptions:
hmm... all of them are from the listing pages... I forgot to add the canonical meta tag which will hopefully resolve the issue...

please guide me show you the filter (# 1), I do not want it displayed in the menu ( Can you guide me to do I need for templates or php )
You can try copy pasting the code from classifieds_filter_menu to classifieds_home and classifieds_category_view before the
Code:
<div class="actionFilterRow">
block. Though you'll have to work on the style and might also have to edit the controller...

how to add the category_id
That's not possible at this moment.

You can try copy pasting the code from classifieds_filter_menu to classifieds_home and classifieds_category_view before the
Code:
<div class="actionFilterRow">
block. Though you'll have to work on the style and might also have to edit the controller...

I tried to do it but it does not show Prefix Filters

I have problems adding dots and commas in the price
That's how XenForo rolls unfortunately: Not a Bug - XenForo_Input::FLOAT does not take locale into account

I tried to do it but it does not show Prefix Filters
Yes, that is why it's a pain to do that. You'll have to edit two PHP files and also need to know PHP of course.
The basic code would be add a new key-value pair to the $viewParams array for GFNClassifieds_ControllerPublic_Home::actionIndex() and GFNClassifieds_ControllerPublic_Category::actionView()
Something like this:
Code:
'prefixesGrouped' => $this->models()->prefix()->getPrefixesByGroups(),

Yes, that is why it's a pain to do that. You'll have to edit two PHP files and also need to know PHP of course.
The basic code would be add a new key-value pair to the $viewParams array for GFNClassifieds_ControllerPublic_Home::actionIndex() and GFNClassifieds_ControllerPublic_Category::actionView()
Something like this:
Code:
'prefixesGrouped' => $this->models()->prefix()->getPrefixesByGroups(),

please guide details.

Thanks @Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Top Bottom