GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

Looks like we cannot allow multiple currencies to be used? Some of my users prefer to sell their items in USD and some of them prefer our local currency. Is this supported?

Surprised I didn't think of this. Support for multiple currencies within the one site would be handy.

Doh. No wonder I didn't think of it, it already supports multiple currencies. When I create a listing it allows me to choose what currency I am selling it for.... ;)

Looks like we cannot allow multiple currencies to be used? Some of my users prefer to sell their items in USD and some of them prefer our local currency. Is this supported?
Our commerce module will be done after the rating module. Once that's done you can enable multiple currency support.
it was displayed, but does not work correctly
I am not really sure what is the issue since you didn't provide any but try replacing the block you copied from classifieds_filter_menu with:
Code:
<xen:include template="classifieds_filter_menu">
    <xen:map from="$pageNavParams" to="$params" />
</xen:include>

Surprised I didn't think of this. Support for multiple currencies within the one site would be handy.
That was actually on my plan from the very beginning (the "Payments" module, remember?) and I think it was there on the first alpha... then moved to paygates for the time being on the second build. Maybe I didn't give the first one to you guys...

Our commerce module will be done after the rating module. Once that's done you can enable multiple currency support.

This is a classified addon. Not a rating addon. There are already addons for that. It's difficult to understand why you make it a priority. You can use the system witout a rating addon but not without multiple currency support. I also support the addition of rating system but it should not be a priority.

Besides, as I have discussed in previous posts. Not everyone needs the commerce options. What people like me need is just showing the price for display purposes only. You can do this easily you know that. But you don't. Why? With your timeline it will take too long for me to be able to use this addon. Disappointed for this. Users can't list their items in the currency they want in a classified addon. Great! Just make an option not to use these commerce options and display the price as a custom field for display only purposes.

A classified systems main purpose is listing the classifieds. Not handling the commerce between the users. Again, I am not against your commerce features. But we're talking about priorities here.

Last edited:
This is a classified addon. Not a rating addon. There are already addons for that. It's difficult to understand why you make it a priority. You can use the system witout a rating addon but not without multiple currency support. I also support the addition of rating system but it should not be a priority.
I am working to make this a complete classifieds system. Which means including features/support for various modules required for it. And I have also mentioned somewhere in the thread that this add-on is being tightly integrated which wont be possible for me with a third-party add-on (at least the free one that's available).

I have a set milestones for this add-on: how it will be developed, when would something be added etc. And the second in line is the rating module which I and the sponsors agreed upon.

Besides, as I have discussed in previous posts. Not everyone needs the commerce options.
Even though I call it "commerce" it strictly isn't; this is just a helper add-on that will handle anything related to payment for my other add-ons.

What people like me need is just showing the price for display purposes only. You can do this easily you know that. But you don't. Why?
Just for display purposes: yes it's as easy as editing a single template. For handling paid packages: not so much I am afraid. Editing that template will mess up the payment mechanism.

Disappointed for this. Users can't list their items in the currency they want in a classified addon. Great!
I am not the comparing kind of guy but since you brought up: the classifieds add-on for IPB (which actually gave me some of the ideas) is 4 years old and still does not support multiple currencies.

Like I said, the commerce/payments module is next in the line which will greatly improve the way currencies are handled. You will have to give me time to add the feature since I possible can't work on everything all at once. :)

A classified systems main purpose is listing the classifieds. Not handling the commerce between the users. Again, I am not against your commerce features. But we're talking about priorities here.
Yes, priorities can be different from person to person I am not against that. But according to the replies here and suggestions from personal conversations, majority want a trader rating system as soon as possible. You'll also have to understand what I am under. :)

P.S. Please do make another post instead of editing the old one... like I just missed this one a little while ago :D

I currently use custom fields, a rating addon and template modifications for my classifieds. I would only switch to this addon if it would allow me to remove the two addons and template modifiactions and import all the ratings.

It's difficult to understand why you make it a priority. You can use the system witout a rating addon but not without multiple currency support.
I can't speak for the developer, but for me it's a priority because ratings help build trust in the community. One of the reasons the classifieds area of our site is so popular is that people consider us safer than sites like ebay. Our niche involves fragile, expensive items, and it matters a lot to the buyer to know that the seller has experience packing and shipping the items. If we have a better way of presenting feedback, it could result in more sales and better experiences for buyers.

I am not really sure what is the issue since you didn't provide any but try replacing the block you copied from classifieds_filter_menu with:
Code:
<xen:include template="classifieds_filter_menu">
<xen:map from="$pageNavParams" to="$params" />
</xen:include>
That's what I need

Ratings are where his priority should be, and are. And I think honestly some people are wasting his time by trying to change priorities. Mr. G, you don't need to answer in such detail a non-support issue. I'd rather see you spend time coding than answering every comment of someone who clearly disagrees over and over with the priorities set. :)

Ok when I add a classified ad ,and it shows under the specified node that I created- the picture of the item for sale
Is Not:
1- In the avatar area in the classified section
2- in the avatar area in the classified node I created

how do I make this a default. I cant seem to locate it in the options

also when adding item pics it will only let you upload one a time which is a pain. need to be able to upload multi pics at once
has to be easy to use for the users. thanks for your help

yes but I want it to show a pic of the item for sale instead of user avatar or generic logo. let me know what needs to be done. thanks
By generic logo you mean the default icon for a classified with no "featured icon" selected?
Currently the system cannot fetch a "featured icon/image" from the uploaded gallery images which I am planning to add on the next release. :)

also when adding item pics it will only let you upload one a time which is a pain. need to be able to upload multi pics at once
The system can handle multiple uploads at once. As @bt012ss said, this requires flash uploader.

Ratings are where his priority should be, and are. And I think honestly some people are wasting his time by trying to change priorities. Mr. G, you don't need to answer in such detail a non-support issue. I'd rather see you spend time coding than answering every comment of someone who clearly disagrees over and over with the priorities set. :)
I just feel like I need to clear things up :)

thanks for the responses. Seems like my flash uploaded got disabled somehow maybe in my last windows update. Have to figure out how to re install this.

Top Bottom