GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

I've been using RC5 for the past 3-months. It's not perfect - but I'm not getting a ton of complaints either. I can only remember 2 or 3 people that have contacted me and said they didn't like it.

I have RC6 and have held off installing it - at first I did so because I wanted to be sure others had good luck with it. Now it just seems like it might be better to wait for RC7 or Gold.

Here's a link: http://www.tdpri.com/classifieds/

I only have 67 ads in the Classifieds right now.

I saw someone asked about Tapatalk - of course, this application doesn't show up in TT at all.

I do have Classifieds set to create a forum post for each new ad - and my Classifieds Forums are identical to the Classifieds application set up. So, I tried point Tapatalk to the Classifieds forums via a custom URL in my BYO Tapatalk app. But that turned out to not work well. See, when Classifieds creates a new thread it's not a complete version of the ad. Just the first few lines with a "read more" kind of link that takes you to the complete ad in the Classifieds application. So, if someone visits the Classifieds Forum in Tapatalk they can see part of the ad and when they click on the "read more" they get lost because that link tries to take them to the Classifieds Application which Tapatalk doesn't work with. It's a vicious cycle.

The biggest problems are with the feedback system. And, people constantly list an item, sell it elsewhere and then mark their item "sold" only to be asked to fill in the name of the buyer. But this application will only accept a username that is in the forum's member list. But since it was sold elsewhere they can't enter a username that Classifieds will accept.

I do have Classifieds set to create a forum post for each new ad - and my Classifieds Forums are identical to the Classifieds application set up. So, I tried point Tapatalk to the Classifieds forums via a custom URL in my BYO Tapatalk app. But that turned out to not work well. See, when Classifieds creates a new thread it's not a complete version of the ad. Just the first few lines with a "read more" kind of link that takes you to the complete ad in the Classifieds application. So, if someone visits the Classifieds Forum in Tapatalk they can see part of the ad and when they click on the "read more" they get lost because that link tries to take them to the Classifieds Application which Tapatalk doesn't work with. It's a vicious cycle.
Block tapatalk from being able to display the classifieds threads. TT doesn't work with the Resource Manager in the exact same fashion. It sees the .### in the URL and goes to that thread ID, rather than that resource or classified ID. You can go ACP -> options -> Tapatalk -> hide forums. Tell TT users to go to mobile of desktop. That's your only route, and I don't see that changing.

The biggest problems are with the feedback system. And, people constantly list an item, sell it elsewhere and then mark their item "sold" only to be asked to fill in the name of the buyer. But this application will only accept a username that is in the forum's member list. But since it was sold elsewhere they can't enter a username that Classifieds will accept.
Good catch!

I could be wrong, but I believe this was fixed in RC6 ;)

Definitly as comunication is going from bad to worse over the last months. You´re not the only one with a bad gut feeling..

The tragedy of it all is that he's a skilled coder and so close. Seems to me (from my limited knowledge of his situation) that this is the path to pursue.

I could be wrong, but I believe this was fixed in RC6 ;)
Can someone confirm that this problem is fixed in RC6? I'm just waiting for that...

So, if someone visits the Classifieds Forum in Tapatalk they can see part of the ad and when they click on the "read more" they get lost because that link tries to take them to the Classifieds Application which Tapatalk doesn't work with. It's a vicious cycle.

Paul - at Tapatalk we can help you to add an ignore path so it will at least open it in Web View instead of taking users to non-existent thread. Maybe just email Eric directly if you want to get this working immediately for both Tapatalk and your branded app.

We are finishing off the Resource Manager support in Tapatalk too - we should be able to include it in next xF Plugin update once we are satisfied with the integration result.

I saw someone asked about Tapatalk - of course, this application doesn't show up in TT at all.

May be you should reconsider wether Tapatalk is a medium you wanna present to your members or to use a native app. With TT you´ll always be bound to the limits of their app. We have removed Tapatalk support from all our sites and there are plenty of App devkits out there, even addons in the RM, that could get you going. Not only that we´ld take a native app anyday over TT. The major downside of TT is the way they have developed throught the last 2 years, the advertising and spamming the TT App does out of the box and here and than a security issue to entertain the webmasters as history has shown.

Paul - at Tapatalk we can help you to add an ignore path so it will at least open it in Web View instead of taking users to non-existent thread. Maybe just email Eric directly if you want to get this working immediately for both Tapatalk and your branded app.

We are finishing off the Resource Manager support in Tapatalk too - we should be able to include it in next xF Plugin update once we are satisfied with the integration result.

@creativepart if you get this working - please tell us. That would seem like a nice work-around.

May be you should reconsider wether Tapatalk is a medium you wanna present to your members or to use a native app. With TT you´ll always be bound to the limits of their app. We have removed Tapatalk support from all our sites and there are plenty of App devkits out there, even addons in the RM, that could get you going. Not only that we´ld take a native app anyday over TT. The major downside of TT is the way they have developed throught the last 2 years, the advertising and spamming the TT App does out of the box and here and than a security issue to entertain the webmasters as history has shown.

I also think Tapatalk is a thing of the past

Yes, but this is 100% OFT in this thread. Some people are stuck with Tapatalk for the moment and trying to make the best of it.

Last edited:
@Kintaro - Any news? @Mr. Goodie2Shoes - I fail to comprehend how you develop one of the most sought after apps, do an excellent job of it so far and then routinely vanish for months on end before it is finished.

I get your might be at school or you might have stuff on - logging on to the forum for 2 minutes and posting "I'm flat out at the moment and will be for a few weeks" takes no effort at all. However, it is massive to your reputation.

Seriously - sort it out. Or you may as well quit school because you could have the best teacher in the world and be an excellent coder - However, reputation and reliability is everything...

Top Bottom