GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

Coming back to this one since... well, I have a license and there are no other options. :p

One big issue I had before was that it wasn't possible to use different fields for a sales advert vs. a 'want to buy' advert. It was just one set of fields that had to be made suitable for both. So for example the required fields for condition, year of manufacture, etc would appear even on a 'want to buy' listing that didn't need them. Has this been changed or improved in the latest version?

Sorry, I didn't see you responding to these posts in the last 2 weeks and assumed you weren't around to do so.
Ahh.... I've missed all of these. Will be getting back to them :(

Classifieds stored using xenforo posts?
No. The application uses it's own tables that gets created during the installation (there are too many to count LOL).

The demo site is down, can you guys post links to your classifieds so i can see if this is something that we need to have or not, TIA
We are currently transitioning the demo site and to our official site which is currently under construction and will be up soon. In the mean time, a good example would be: https://extralicense.com/classifieds/

Has this been changed or improved in the latest version?
I wasn't aware of such feature request... :unsure:

When classified is created using packs those require Admin's approval, it's good to have Admin notified about the pack used. Nowadays Admin is not awared what pack was used and has to approve every request and only after that figure out what pack was used. Would you add pack info into moderation request?

I would think advanced search option with checkboxes behind categories ect.. and company users is major features, and i hope they will be implementet soon :) i need both!

The bump timer needs to be fixed. It currently defaults to the permission with the highest interval rather than the lowest interval.

upload_2016-5-13_12-7-12.webp

Also an issue with the tabs on the member profile page. With the Trading Profile tab selected it doesn't show all of the other tabs. I haven't seen any other add-on with this issue. I'd really like to see the core classifieds focused on before the trade rating component of it. We already have a viable solution for feedback, but we desperately need to get these last few bugs ironed out so we can go live with this new classified system.

iTrader Tab

upload_2016-5-13_12-11-35.webp

GFN Classifieds Tab

upload_2016-5-13_12-12-10.webp

I believe right now the only two things holding us up is the bump issue above and the additional permissions mentioned below. For now we will disable the GFN feedback system and continue using XenCentral Trading System. Items 2-4 below are suggestions.

1. Additional Permissions - We need an additional set of edit permissions for thread titles (both can edit and time limit for editing). We have an issue with people changing their titles to SOLD or similar once the item has sold, which causes problems with our SEO.
  2. Character Limits - I found out I can limit characters for the title and taglines (or any other input field) by simply adding maxlength="<limit>" to any of the <input> tags. This would be a simple option to add to the options in the future, especially useful to prevent style issues like in the image below. I plan on adding a real-time character count to the submission page as well.
  3. Location - I love how the location feature interfaces with the Google API, but it's unusable right now because it doesn't list the state or the zip code. It'd be great if we had a way to choose which fields showed up (house number, street, city, state, zip code, etc).
  4. Search - As @oljo mentioned, the ability to add custom filters and search custom fields would be a huge benefit. The ultimate would be the ability to search or filter by any of the location parameters, or even within a radius of a given address.

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-13_12-32-58.webp
    upload_2016-5-13_12-32-58.webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 6
Don't want to speak for @Mr. Goodie2Shoes, but normally, nobody would add support for a third party add-on before the add-on itself is finished/stable.

Thanks and of course makes sense, was a question asked a while back and seemed to be missed, with an offer to support for custom work.

Great work on your addon.

We use Xencentral Trading system quite a lot and it's a central part of our current trade system. Any chance of an option to use their feedback system with your addons? Happy to pay custom work for this to be included.

Hello,
The development is currently on hold for the past one week because of some personal reasons. I'll get back this Friday (20th) and let's see what happens :)
The next release is mainly bug fixes, code improvements, minor UX improvements and a couple of importers. Nothing major has been added for the first GOLD.

How can I force 2 classifieds to be constantly present in "random classifieds" tab located on main forum page?

as the demo board is broken can can post some urls with some working installation of this add-on (with latest updates)?

extralicense.com have the latest version installed? others?

A question for users out there running Tapatalk together with this add-on.

Is it possible to restrict Taptalk users to only view and respond to the classified threads without being able to create new threads themselves in the classifieds sub forum? Or how have you solved it? Did you just block them from the classifieds sub forum all together?

How does the classified threads currently look if you view them from within Tapatalk? Does all of the necessary information show? Such as price, images etc?

I'm pretty sure you can count on users being able to view the companion thread if there is one. But you can count out them being able to view the actual listing, just like the RM TT breaks when you go to the thread then click the "view this resource" button - TT takes you to the thread with the resource ID. So if you have a resource ID# of 14, it will take you to the thread ID #14 which is usually completely unrelated.

Hello,
The development is currently on hold for the past one week because of some personal reasons. I'll get back this Friday (20th) and let's see what happens :)
The next release is mainly bug fixes, code improvements, minor UX improvements and a couple of importers. Nothing major has been added for the first GOLD.

Good! I'd much rather you focus on getting the current issues worked out before adding additional features :)

We're literally so close to being able to use this. It's easily the most anticipated change this past year.

I'm pretty sure you can count on users being able to view the companion thread if there is one. But you can count out them being able to view the actual listing, just like the RM TT breaks when you go to the thread then click the "view this resource" button - TT takes you to the thread with the resource ID. So if you have a resource ID# of 14, it will take you to the thread ID #14 which is usually completely unrelated.

Ah! Thats no big problem and something that the users will learn quickly. Should be perfectly fine to use with Tapatalk in other words, even though in a limited capacity.

Top Bottom