Good Night

You make a request to have a thread closed, the staff does it. You request to re-open a thread, the staff does it. You request to have posts edited and the staff does it. I tried to figure out why in a previous post and Mike jumped all over it, so the why, I guess, is irrelevant.

I've also wondered why XF staff was so supportive in favour of Jon in all those threads. Special treatment for the developer with the most add-ons?

First of all, we as a community need to come back together. We cannot let one developer's wrong-doing affect every relationship here. But I must say:

You need to make money, understandable, well why not do what everybody else does? Work part-time somewhere to supplement your income and work on add-ons in your spare time, until your company can sustain itself and your family? That actually works.

I cannot believe some of the things you've posted Lawrence.

Jon makes a living helping people with their XenForo forums. XenForo IS a better place because of him and those who assist with support, resources, and other contributions. XenForo benefits from added resources, we as resource developers benefit by having a job to feed our families. I can make a living thanks to XenForo and I could not be more appreciative either.

If anyone honestly thinks that this is such a lucrative easy market, try it. What we do requires EXPERT knowledge. Some of the things we build take months and even longer to support and maintain, and yet they are often times free or very very cheap. Digital products are price marked comparable to places in the world that have a much lower standard of living. Don't get me wrong, free add-ons are great as they help boost the community. I actually made one of the very first free high quality themes when XenForo was just a day old. Not everything needs to be premium but the things that take time need to be or no one would be around to build it for very long. This is a concept I am surprised I need to explain.

For you to make such a claim that Jon needs to instead get a part-time is job is absolutely asinine and downright rude. If someone has a problem with Jon's prices, then message him or don't buy. I don't care if Jon charges 2 goats and a turnip for what he builds, he built them and you have no right making this thread and continue on with these claims.

On the topic of people who have made XenForo a better place, I learnt how to code my first add-on through Lawrence's tutorial. I do hope we can let this lie.

I still don't understand what all the fuss is about @Jon W's pricing.

If you PM him with what you want, he works with you. I got my branding free license in 2 replies back and forth, hassle-free.

Please read the 2 Threads about this theme - bevor you say, you dont understand the peopel here.

Jon has changed the priceing model more than one time last days - so, if you read you will understand why the peopel discusses about that. :)

Top Bottom