Gift User Upgrades [Paid] [Deleted]

It's unfortunate this plugin has seemingly been abandoned. @Sumo, we can see that you have recent activity here on the site and that you are ignoring this thread.

If you no longer wish to maintain or support this plugin, that's your call to make, but all of us here - who paid you good money for this plugin - deserve a reply at the very least to acknowledge your plans for this moving forward.

I am in the process of converting my vBulletin forum to Xenforo. I had a custom plugin that i purchsed so that my members could gift each other. As mentioned before this is a must have for any forum. My question is, is there another plugin similar to this?

I've just upgraded from XF 1.2 to 1.3.4 and will report what happens.

So far, it seems I can go through the motions of selecting a user to gift the subscription to, which takes me to PayPal as expected, but I haven't gone all the way and purchased a subscription yet. We'll see what happens when someone tries.

It is working on 1.3.5 (I just upgraded to 1.3.6, but haven't had any gift subscription purchases yet), but unfortunately this appears to have been abandoned by the plugin author.

Anyone know where I can find a decent alternative to this?

This is easy money sitting around.
+1. i asked months ago and still have yet to find an answer. My revenue from gifts has yet to be recovered for the lack of an addon for something so simple. I just dont get it? This really should be core, i mean come on.

Where is the unmaintained status on this?

I think you know 100 times better than that. It is not policed extensively and the developer actually has to come around and put it as unmaintained. Even though they were online a few days ago I would figure a 99% chance that they have no clue the prefix even exists.

I think you know 100 times better than that. It is not policed extensively and the developer actually has to come around and put it as unmaintained. Even though they were online a few days ago I would figure a 99% chance that they have no clue the prefix even exists.

I was under the impression that staff could add it. Guess I could have misread that somewhere.

I was under the impression that staff could add it. Guess I could have misread that somewhere.
I notice a few people still buying this add on only to find out it does not work. I wonder if these people are getting refunds? I dont blame them they see an add on for sale and buy it, no where does it say that the creator abandoned it and still sells an outdated version.

I notice a few people still buying this add on only to find out it does not work. I wonder if these people are getting refunds? I dont blame them they see an add on for sale and buy it, no where does it say that the creator abandoned it and still sells an outdated version.
How is anyone buying it? The Buy Now button just opens up a convo with Sumo and he doesn't reply.

It's called due diligence.

The overview only specifies XenForo version 1.1 and 1.2: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/gift-user-upgrades.725/

The last update was December 2013: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/gift-user-upgrades.725/updates

A quick check of this thread make it clear the author hasn't replied since March 2014: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/gift-user-upgrades-paid.31733/page-5#post-735705

If people still purchase (or attempt to purchase) after that then...

How is anyone buying it? The Buy Now button just opens up a convo with Sumo and he doesn't reply.
Maybe i misread the previous posts, sill this add on should be removed in my opinion, it does nothing but confuse people looking for help with this issue.

Top Bottom