Gamer Profiles - PixelExit.com

Gamer Profiles - PixelExit.com 1.0.3

No permission to download
@Steve F Are you still thinking about recoding this addon?

Having potential features like giving users groups, (having game cards actually work lol) would be a big boost to my website.

What isn't working? And what do you mean by giving user groups?
Seems the gamer cards arent working on the profile nor do the icons show on the profile. (i manually added the code however, think i broke that with my custom theme).

As far as custom groups though. Maybe some sort of a way to tell if a user has setup their accounts and give them specific groups once added.

EX. A user must have assigned a xbox tag to their profile in order to gain a group to access a certain forum section.

Seems the gamer cards arent working on the profile nor do the icons show on the profile. (i manually added the code however, think i broke that with my custom theme).

As far as custom groups though. Maybe some sort of a way to tell if a user has setup their accounts and give them specific groups once added.

EX. A user must have assigned a xbox tag to their profile in order to gain a group to access a certain forum section.
If you want me to take a look submit a ticket with details and I'll check it out as soon as I can.
https://pixelexit.com/forums/tickets/

As for groups, there is user group promotions but I think the way it is now for custom fields it would have to match the text, which I don't think is really possible, I could be wrong.

Awesome plugin :) 2 little questions though^^ The YouTube thingy is not working somehow. It asks me for a /user/xyz but my channel for example is /channel/asfiojnoosd. Any idea how to fix that?
Secondly I disabled PSN, Origin and so on but they still appear when you are editing your contact details, am I doing something wrong?

Greetings from Germany,
Manuel Dürr

The YouTube thingy is not working somehow
I have an update that fixes this (as good as it can) but just need to find time to finish it.

Secondly I disabled PSN, Origin and so on but they still appear when you are editing your contact details, am I doing something wrong?
Disabling those only disables them from being shown in messages, and profile block.

I have an update that fixes this (as good as it can) but just need to find time to finish it.

Disabling those only disables them from being shown in messages, and profile block.

Fast reply, many thanks! Where can I find the YouTube fix? About the other thing, I can manually disable them in the EXTRA.css with display: none and the proper ID. Should work :)

It's more than a simple template edit, requires some DB changes as well. I'll work on it and see if I can get an update out. It's been a long while since an update because there are plans to rewrite it completely.

Fast reply, many thanks! Where can I find the YouTube fix? About the other thing, I can manually disable them in the EXTRA.css with display: none and the proper ID. Should work :)

does require a couple template edits and a new user profile field so your users can use the "channelID". ex:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoRCdmRJYYcbHSsc_HJyqcQ

Open template:
pe_extra_gamer_profiles
add to bottom
Code:
<xen:if is="{$user.customFields.youtubeIdProfile} AND @youtubeUserProfile">
               <li class="iconContainer">
                <a href="https://www.youtube.com/channel/{$user.customFields.youtubeIdProfile}" target="_blank" class="gamerIcon youtubeIcon Tooltip" data-offsetX="-4" title="{xen:phrase gp_youtube}: {$user.customFields.youtubeIdProfile}"></a>
            </li>
        </xen:if>

now edit pe_gamer_icon_fields.css
find
Code:
.customFieldEdityoutubeUserProfile .gamerIcon
{
    background: url('styles/gamerprofiles/gamer-icon-sprite.png') no-repeat -130px 0px;
}

add after:
Code:
.customFieldEdityoutubeIdProfile .gamerIcon
{
    background: url('styles/gamerprofiles/gamer-icon-sprite.png') no-repeat -130px 0px;
}

then create a new user profile field:
Basic Info:
Field ID
: youtubeIdProfile:
title: Youtube Channel ID
Description: If your channel does NOT have a unique channel name ex...http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoRCdmRJYYcbHSsc_HJyqcQ. Only enter the ID "UCoRCdmRJYYcbHSsc_HJyqcQ" or use your own example

Display location: Contact Details

Options for Text Fields:
Field type
: Single Line text field
Maximum Length: 30

General Options: your choice what to pick here but for me I have ticked
User editable
Moderator editable
Viewable on profile pages

upload_2016-8-21_21-21-30.webp

Last edited:
Everything works now for me :) Only thing is, that the custom youtube gamer card I created (thanks for the proper explanation OUTL4W) won't show up on the profile page. Any ideas?

@Steve F Is there any News one a paid Version? Seems like a good idea if it can be more customizable for us as users. This is a great plugin, and my users request lots of New icons/games all the time for these badges.
So if we can easy that up a bit, that would be great.

Also, added Nintendo Network ID and Friend Code for 3DS by my self, its really a pain in the a**, but doable.

@Steve F Is there any News one a paid Version? Seems like a good idea if it can be more customizable for us as users. This is a great plugin, and my users request lots of New icons/games all the time for these badges.
So if we can easy that up a bit, that would be great.

Also, added Nintendo Network ID and Friend Code for 3DS by my self, its really a pain in the a**, but doable.
I haven't started on anything as of yet.

What was a pain about it?

Any idea how I can fix that problem? The YouTube Icon in the profile won't show up :(

View attachment 140842 View attachment 140843

why doesn't it show?....because I'm a dunce and didn't listen to @Steve F when he said how easy it is to add extra gamer profiles.

Open "pe_extra_gamer_profiles"
And add at the bottom
Code:
                <a href="https://www.youtube.com/channel/{$user.customFields.youtubeIdProfile}" target="_blank" class="gamerIcon youtubeIcon Tooltip" data-offsetX="-4" title="{xen:phrase gp_youtube}: {$user.customFields.youtubeIdProfile}"></a>
            </li>
and it should then add to the member card and profile pages.

so now open template:
pe_gamer_profiles and find:
Code:
xen:if is="{$user.customFields.youtubeIdProfile} AND @youtubeUserProfile">
            </li>

and remove it...or Revert the template all together, otherwise the icon will show twice....

Last edited:
I haven't started on anything as of yet.

What was a pain about it?

Not all of us are that familiar With coding and such. So to remember all the different Places we have to make the changes can be a bit tricky, and of course the small issues With leaving out some characters some times :)

why doesn't it show?....because I'm a dunce and didn't listen to @Steve F when he said how easy it is to add extra gamer profiles.

Open "pe_extra_gamer_profiles"
And add at the bottom
Code:
            </li>
and it should then add to the member card and profile pages.

so now open template:
pe_gamer_profiles and find:
Code:
xen:if is="{$user.customFields.youtubeIdProfile} AND @youtubeUserProfile">
            </li>

and remove it...or Revert the template all together, otherwise the icon will show twice....

View attachment 140855

and now come to think about it the gamer profiles don't show for me on the member card & profile page's...even though I have them selected to show in options. They should show below where TJA usergroup badges are showing...any idea Steve?

Thanks a thousand time! It works now :) But I do think it has a downside... :(

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2016-09-17 at 19.52.21.webp
    WhatsApp Image 2016-09-17 at 19.52.21.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 11
Hi,
i have removed some profiles and now i cant uninstall the addon because i get this error message
"The requested field could not be found."

Top Bottom