Gamer Profiles - PixelExit.com

Gamer Profiles - PixelExit.com 1.0.3

No permission to download

Steve F

Steve F submitted a new resource:

Gamer Profiles - Allow your users to enter gamer tags to display in messages and profiles

This add-on makes use of the custom user fields by allowing your users to input their various gamer tags from the games they play. It can be configured to use certain gamer profiles if you do not wish to display them all. Simply look in the style properties [PE] Gamer Profiles for settings for displaying what icons you would like. If you have a suggestion mention it and I'll see about adding it. This add-on supports sites running SSL as well, mainly the linked images.

Supported Profiles

Read more about this resource...

Great addon!

I have noticed that members who don't have anything filled in, still have the space below their information.

faejPxR.png

4wuqFF6.png

aaYb9Ox.png

Last edited:
Ah - I will fix that for the next release.

BTW - Did you ever install the beta version I sent you? :p

haha, actually I did!

I was just looking over a site one last time a couple days ago b/c yesterday was the last day it was up, and noticed that it was still installed. Seemed I totally forgot that I installed it :notworthy:

Glad to see that you finished it & released it though. Other than the blank issue, it's an incredible add-on & you're a talented dude.

Any way to make this so that the social icons (Twitter, Facebook etc) will respect privacy settings if members have it set that their identities are only shown to "People You Follow Only"?

This is nice. I would like to see an update to remove the extra space for members that haven't filled out their info. Maybe it was just me but, having the pop-up gamer cards enabled IMMENSELY slowed down my board. I had to turn it off as pages wouldn't even load in a promptly manner. Not a deal breaker for my site though, as its not a necessity to have that pop up (game related forums I would understand).

Also FYI, I had a user complain their steam link was not working.
With some debugging, another user found out that it was because their steam profile was set to private. So if your profile is set to private, your steam and exophase will not make a connection.

hi @Steve F
i have some problems with showing in the profil page . in tab gamercard its showing my ressource , and in the ressource tab is showing the gamercards ..
here a anima. screen
gamercard.gif

edit : gif animation is not working :(

hi @Steve F
i have some problems with showing in the profil page . in tab gamercard its showing my ressource , and in the ressource tab is showing the gamercards ..
here a anima. screen
View attachment 86354

I have an idea what this might be, will check later.

Aww man.. this is not compatible with 1.3.6?

It was built using 1.4 but you could try it anyhow, I don't think there will any problems. Of course take backups always before making changes.

This is nice. I would like to see an update to remove the extra space for members that haven't filled out their info. Maybe it was just me but, having the pop-up gamer cards enabled IMMENSELY slowed down my board. I had to turn it off as pages wouldn't even load in a promptly manner. Not a deal breaker for my site though, as its not a necessity to have that pop up (game related forums I would understand).

Curious, I had tested this and really did not see much difference in load times with this current setup. The old setup with other gamer card services caused some pretty bad load times but with exophase I hadn't seen this. I would definitely like to do this another way and cache the images and only refresh them hourly so they are not loaded for every thread view.

Curious, I had tested this and really did not see much difference in load times with this current setup. The old setup with other gamer card services caused some pretty bad load times but with exophase I hadn't seen this. I would definitely like to do this another way and cache the images and only refresh them hourly so they are not loaded for every thread view.
I am not noticing much of a difference either. However, I only just installed it on a brand new forum. Not to big.
May I ask what other gamer card services you tried that caused the bad load time?

I'm not able to confirm this, could I get some more information? Other add-ons my be conflicting as on a fresh/default install it works as expected.

hi @Steve F
here a anima. screen
View attachment 86354

I registered at your site but you must have the gamer cards off, I only get this error when visiting your resources tab in your profile.

upload_2014-10-13_23-17-55.webp

I have an idea what this might be, will check later.

It was built using 1.4 but you could try it anyhow, I don't think there will any problems. Of course take backups always before making changes.
I'll let someone else test it cause I'm not a good tester. I have no clue how to restore a backup

Top Bottom