• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Galleria: The Basics

KK, you'll definitely hear the praises from around the world when this one is complete! :)

Mike and Kier should love the developments here because a picture gallery is something that is the last piece of a lot of forum owners looking to migrate. So, as soon as your add-on is released, they'll see increases in the sales of xenForo, I'm sure. :D

Once we see the UI I think I may be able to contribute with some mockups I did (for another software) that I didn't send over. I'd much rather see those ideas (pending they are approved) and not present in the initial build on a xen product.

Are "featured" implementations being considered?

Interesting so far. :) Sounding like it will be something special KK.

If Shelley wants to do some mock ups, here is a more detailed "working" of the Galleria system as it will be in v1.0. Unlike albums in vBulletin, this will be a site wide gallery system to begin with. I plan on expanding it to user albums within the next major version (all sub-categories of a category named after them, a sub-category of a "User Albums" category). That being said, the gallery home page will be structured very similar to XenForo's home page with a side bar that includes latest images, a featured image (if wanted), statistics, and other random stuff. The categories will display like nodes, and a category can become a node (well, the node will be a wrapper and pull all the categories information) so it'll display on the homepage if you'd like.

Inside of each category, a thumbnail listing of all the images will appear with information such as comments, etc. Clicking on a thumbnail will bring up a jQuery popup with the full image (well, larger size). Clicking the image / title will take you to the detailed information page where you can see comments, like, report, etc. and clicking on the image in there will resize such as XenForo does. I may include Google maps integration for locations, etc. Thoughts on what information required / wanted to be associated with an image is there. But the only UI I want to be a surprise is the actual upload (all though, your suggestions are more than welcome) screen, because I think I have thought of a very creative way to set that one up.

The back end will be a simplistic nature that'll work just like any other ACP page. Only cumbersome thing will be creating the nodes.

Man, if I had the extra dough - I'd be sending you a whole lot... I can't WAIT to get off of VB4. After their announcement of the pricing for the mobile app - I'm sooooo done.
But like others have said, this is truly a serious feature I need before I can switch.
Between you, Jaxel, and Steven, I think we now have the xF Suite version.... :-)

Mike and Kier should love the developments here because a picture gallery is something that is the last piece of a lot of forum owners looking to migrate. So, as soon as your add-on is released, they'll see increases in the sales of xenForo, I'm sure. :D
But like others have said, this is truly a serious feature I need before I can switch.
Between you, Jaxel, and Steven, I think we now have the xF Suite version.... :)
+1 agreed / agreed.
Man, if I had the extra dough - I'd be sending you a whole lot...
Could you afford $5 ?
I can't WAIT to get off of VB4. After their announcement of the pricing for the mobile app - I'm sooooo done.
What's the scoop here ?

Is this something us Photopost users could consider, or is it not advanced enough to be compared and switch to? What kind of support could you provide and for how long? What about importing data etc...

What's the scoop here ?

Don't want to start the whole vb4 this or that but they posted pricing on the new mobile app, just more of the same bs, ship is sinking. There is another thread that was closed here in the off topic forum with links to the threads over at vb. That is all I will say as I don't wanna take Kings thread off topic.

To stay on topic, King it sounds like the Galleria is going to be awesome. I can't wait for it. I do suggestion possibly working on an importer then for those with photopost galleries :D

I have about 3,500 pics in our one gallery. That is the vbgallery though. I am sure a lot of people would love to be able to import their photopost or vbgallery.

I'll be building importers, especially if you can give me a test import database.

Is this something us Photopost users could consider, or is it not advanced enough to be compared and switch to? What kind of support could you provide and for how long? What about importing data etc...
It'll be powerful, but I'm not sure what photopost offers. I'm building a gallery I feel is solid enough for release. Support will be forever as its free, but I can't guarantee the time in between posts (I have 2 jobs + school).

Tnx. With support I'm talking about new releases/security updates, a project that reaches EOL after one or two years isn't interesting if one is looking for long time use :)

I'll be building importers, especially if you can give me a test import database.

Just let me know when you are ready and I can dump the vbgallery tables. I think I may still have tables of a photopost backup before I switched over to vbgallery from photopost also.

Just let me know when you are ready and I can dump the vbgallery tables. I think I may still have tables of a photopost backup before I switched over to vbgallery from photopost also.
Thanks. I will let you know because I will wait until I have basically everything done.

When can we expect Beta Version :P Really can't wait to have this one and i am ready to go live with my new Project :P

When can we expect Beta Version :p Really can't wait to have this one and i am ready to go live with my new Project :p
I hope to have enough ready and built for a private beta on my site to get the issues from he front end ironed out by the end of the month if I can. Then it'll open up shortly after.

Hello King,

May I suggest that if you are doing this, you may consider charging for it. Maybe not much $5 - $25 maybe. Whatever you think is right. The reason I say it is because I have been part of several development projects in the past, and I have myself started many a projects for free. The problem comes in after several months into the project and you may be in situations which you can't foresee atm. Having a revenue stream keeps motivation strong and is also better in the long run for end users. Just a suggestion... hope u don't mind....

Top Bottom