Expand your Youtube tutorial series and docs to cover more of the basic setup and features

I'll second the need for better documentation, especially examples.

In my case, I managed to set up email functionality with AWS SES, but it took some doing. That's not all down to XF though due to the need to learn how SES works and then to get AWS to take my account out of the sandbox required me to make a written case for it, then having to wait for approval. It felt like a completed challenge at the end of it, lol.
this

What i used to do with email addresses was put my own in, but they'd bounce.
So i started using the emails from my Cpanel.
No issues with the emails now.

If you're going to use those free email addresses make sure they're valid and verfied.

So i started using the emails from my Cpanel.
No issues with the emails now.
Interesting... can you post your mail tester stats? Most running on shared hosting under cPanel that I've seen don't fare to well unless they are running on their own server/VPS instance and have done a lot of work to clean up their IP if on one of the cheaper VPS/dedi offerings.

Even on Amazon SES, I get one ding from the testing because SES is using shared IP to send with... and someone has sent spam/trash through their service.

Interesting... can you post your mail tester stats? Most running on shared hosting under cPanel that I've seen don't fare to well unless they are running on their own server/VPS instance and have done a lot of work to clean up their IP if on one of the cheaper VPS/dedi offerings.

Even on Amazon SES, I get one ding from the testing because SES is using shared IP to send with... and someone has sent spam/trash through their service.
They're worse on Amazon. Amazon's products are a rip off. $238 a month.
Namecheap = you only pay for the urls and your hosting once a year.
I have had no problems with Cpanel since starting with them in 2020.
Set up your emails to have things like board or contact or support and have your site address as part of the email.
Then use other email addresses as the forwarding email address.

They're worse on Amazon. Amazon's products are a rip off. $238 a month.
I'm paying exactly this much a month - $0
If the site grows and email becomes more active, then I do expect that to increase... but you are conflating SES with their other offerings.

You are talking grapes.... we are talking oranges.
Yes, you can set up email through cPanel... but if you are on shared hosting, your deliverability is likely to be in the crapper (and good deliverability is important) due to others actions impacting the sending IP that EVERYBODY uses on that shared hosting provider.
Even if you are on a VPS or a dedicated server, if you have gone with someone like Linode, Digital Ocean, OVH or similar, you frequently will get a trashed IP and have to work at getting it cleaned up (and in some cases, you can't get the IP cleaned up as mail providers have the entire ASN of those service providers blocked).
Since your deliverability is so great, please use that site and give us an example of how great it is. It only takes about 2 minutes to do. I think you may be surprised.

Getting off-topic with the email tester thing. Best to take that up in another thread.
Really? How much more basic than email delivery for the script can you get? ;)
I know what you mean though... but email is one of those areas that can really cause the new admin major pains.... because their user validation emails frequently go to the bit bucket... and with some providers, they don't even make it as far as the spam folder.

Top Bottom