• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Galleria: The Basics

Please also include:
  • Batch upload from web server (IE you would need to upload the files to the webserver via FTP and then import them into the gallery).
  • Upload from URL
  • Member categories
Member categories will be coming in a later version. I want the powerful base to build upon.

kind of similar, but if we can set it to show the latest 4 galleries as opposed to pics would be good as well.

under each thumbnail, a linking username and a linking gallery name of the person uploading it.

Well....
With the two portal systems in the works and Jaxel's event system...
This is all that is left to do my switch.
Granted, I will wait for v3Arcade to jump into the mix as well as WiForums - but this is all I need...
Awesome news!
I appreciate Chuck's work on PP, but I really want a highly integrated product....

Granted, I will wait for v3Arcade to jump into the mix as well as WiForums - but this is all I need...
Awesome news!
From what I understand, it may be quite a while yet before Kevin has anything done with the arcade for XF.

I don't like image hosts period for the fact that once you post it there it is public property and you don't have the option of reneging that. Which is most of the reason I like this to-be mod.

I imagine this would run in a way where you upload similar to imageshack with the exception that it is integrated into a gallery display system geared toward the community posting it. I dunno but to me all imageshack is (don't get me wrong.. great idea for people who can't host their own files) for is a place to hotlink from whereas after uploading with this mod you have options after the upload for how to display this and where, along with whatever default actions this script will have. My goal for one of my projects is to be an isolated site for a private community and linking external content will be a no no. I can't wait to see the beta project in action.
I think you misunderstood me. I want this as a mod, but for example, you need to make a thread when uploading pictures using Photoplog. I just want it simple like Imageshack.us to upload, but all the extras after would be nice as long as it can be optional OR set it up before hand so you don't have to do it when you upload pictures.

Random thought, I did mean for searching, but that'd be a pretty sweet feature. ;) I may do basic tagging and say "Members in this photo: blah, bleh, yeah"

will the blah, bleh, yeah link to the profile page for those users? We dont need the little white highlight box around their faces. My vB site has that now and people dont actually use that. But an autofill of the username as you type who's in it is great, then we just click it if it pops up to complete the persons name in the photo.

After which they get an alert, the photo being tagged with balabla shows up in the Recenty Activity page, and an entry is placed on the users profile in their recent activity...

will the blah, bleh, yeah link to the profile page for those users? We dont need the little white highlight box around their faces. My vB site has that now and people dont actually use that. But an autofill of the username as you type who's in it is great, then we just click it if it pops up to complete the persons name in the photo.

After which they get an alert, the photo being tagged with balabla shows up in the Recenty Activity page, and an entry is placed on the users profile in their recent activity...
YEah, something like that.

Thing one of the biggest things for me in a gallery is the ease of being able to get a gallery image into a post. Look forward to seeing what you come up with and thankyou for taking this one on :)

Thing one of the biggest things for me in a gallery is the ease of being able to get a gallery image into a post. Look forward to seeing what you come up with and thankyou for taking this one on :)

If you Explain the usage scenario ... that could help find a solution.
Is this wanting 20 images that you reuse alot ?
Is this wanting access to random images in a collection of 1000s ?

etc.

I'll have BB Code inserts as an optional display. It'll show up as an [IMG][/IMG] embed and I will write a BB Code for BBCM that is [galleria]#[/galleria] that accomplishes the same task.

I'll have BB Code inserts as an optional display. It'll show up as an [IMG][/IMG] embed and I will write a BB Code for BBCM that is [galleria]#[/galleria] that accomplishes the same task.

What about doing it as a new item on the editor that when clicked loads thumbnails from that persons images? Just a thought. I remember seeing this at some point of someone doing it for photoshop integration with either vbulletin or phpbb (bad memory lol) but was very effective. Still inserted the relevant bbcode but just meant you had the images availble without leaving the new topic/reply screen

it would be great to have the ability to add images via email, with the option of using the subject to denote the gallery, or category.

What about doing it as a new item on the editor that when clicked loads thumbnails from that persons images? Just a thought. I remember seeing this at some point of someone doing it for photoshop integration with either vbulletin or phpbb (bad memory lol) but was very effective. Still inserted the relevant bbcode but just meant you had the images availble without leaving the new topic/reply screen
Editing the editor isn't as simple as I think it should be. It won't be in the first version at least.

Top Bottom