ForumApps presents Native XenForo Apps for iOS and Android

"Fishy" would be if somebody was offering services but changed their business name frequently, or if they announced that they sold the business to a different company but then start offering the same services again under a different business name, or if they change their user names quite often, or if they try to represent themselves as being something they are not, or if...

Has someone changed their name again this week? :p :p

Repeating this.

Pretty sure you changed your business name several times too.. You call me on the phone begging me for us to bury the hatchet between us.. Then you post this.. Yeah.. You'll never change Mike.

they announced that they sold the business to a different company but then start offering the same services again under a different business name

I can't help it if my services are so outstanding that some clients continued to ask me to please start up again as they didn't want to use the new company, only me. Four years later, every one of those customers that requested it are still with me. Nothing fishy about it, I wanted to get out of hosting back then. Hence why ever since I keep a selective client base and don't mass advertise my services.

Last edited:
I also want to expand a bit on Aayush's post :p
It's to be made clear that say years down the road, hypothetical of course, the app no longer is supported, or gets shut down, etc. All your forums, users, content, and everything still stay intact. The app is merely an API. (From my understanding) So nothing will be lost, no users, content, or anything.
Yes, the API is simple API. And if we plan to shut down, you can keep running the apps for as long as you guys want!

Last edited:
That $195 is for the people who want to put the apps on their own App Store account.
You can get started with just $20/mo and we host your apps absolutely free on our accounts.
Edit: The setup fees still apply.
You guys may want to check with Apple they are now making each site owner get their own app developer license this just changed Friday so there is no more bulk apps submitted under one app developer license.

4.3 Don’t create multiple Bundle IDs of the same app. If your app has different versions for specific locations, sports teams, universities, etc., consider submitting a single app and provide the variations using in-app purchase.

You guys may want to check with Apple they are now making each site owner get their own app developer license this just changed Friday so there is no more bulk apps submitted under one app developer license.

4.3 Don’t create multiple Bundle IDs of the same app. If your app has different versions for specific locations, sports teams, universities, etc., consider submitting a single app and provide the variations using in-app purchase.

Yes, if you go to add a new app in TapaTalk, BYO is currently unavailable too.. Sad how many communities will suffer now as they can't afford the $100.00/yr Apple fees, sadly I guess the stacking apps of different clients to one account, Apple must have felt was being abused.

Thanks for informing us about the change. Looks like a major one.

Yes, if you go to add a new app in TapaTalk, BYO is currently unavailable too.. Sad how many communities will suffer now as they can't afford the $100.00/yr Apple fees, sadly I guess the stacking apps of different clients to one account, Apple must have felt was being abused.

We've looked into this and there doesn't seem to be an issue with what we are doing.

If the intent is to brand the apps differently (RC Cola, Pepsi, Coca Cola) then it is ok. If the intent is to subcategory (Travel guide Mexico, travel guide Peru) then no.

Sincerely, i discourage to acquire an app in this way.
Nothing personal with @Aayush, but doesn't make sense acquire an app, without giving users the ability to add numerous xenforo add-ons.
Not to mention the following risks: The app developer can decide at any time to stop the app remotely for any reason: that's also why, for example, when i was on vBulletin, I refused to Buy the official app: Jelsoft could at any time disconnect the app, sending my users off-line (something that happened to my friend's forum)
If you need to buy an app, get it developed by an app developer giving you the source: pay more but you have a much safer and more customizable thing.

Sincerely, i discourage to acquire an app in this way.
Nothing personal with @Aayush, but doesn't make sense acquire an app, without giving users the ability to add numerous xenforo add-ons.
Not to mention the following risks: The app developer can decide at any time to stop the app remotely for any reason: that's also why, for example, when i was on vBulletin, I refused to Buy the official app: Jelsoft could at any time disconnect the app, sending my users off-line (something that happened to my friend's forum)
If you need to buy an app, get it developed by an app developer giving you the source: pay more but you have a much safer and more customizable thing.

I appreciate your concerns. But something like this has been mentioned before.

Repeating this.

Anywho, I think the price is unbelievably reasonable. Its an app guys, $20/mo? Most reputable app companies charge $35k starting.

Good luck @Aayush

@Aayush Do not overdo it. There are companies who made me a quote for much less, up to 5000 or 10000 euros.

People value things all over the place. You valuing the service at far less than $20 might mean you want to try a different solution. I think it pretty reasonable that @vbresults charges a fixed rate, that is uncommon to see as well. The developers at XenForo, I think you'll be hard pressed to find better quality or cheaper prices.

The companies that have the best reputation, provide the best quality, etc. will typically charge more. Sure they could just be taking you for a ride, but I mean then they wouldn't be getting much business anyway. So price, to me, is actually a great way to judge quality, overhead, etc. @Aayush offering it at this price is unheard of, if people would complain about this there isn't a single price that would work for you, and an app for your community is just not a good idea for you at this time.

People value things all over the place. You valuing the service at far less than $20 might mean you want to try a different solution. I think it pretty reasonable that @vbresults charges a fixed rate, that is uncommon to see as well. The developers at XenForo, I think you'll be hard pressed to find better quality or cheaper prices.

The companies that have the best reputation, provide the best quality, etc. will typically charge more. Sure they could just be taking you for a ride, but I mean then they wouldn't be getting much business anyway. So price, to me, is actually a great way to judge quality, overhead, etc. @Aayush offering it at this price is unheard of, if people would complain about this there isn't a single price that would work for you, and an app for your community is just not a good idea for you at this time.

Thanks @Mike Creuzer!

This is an introductory price because of the stage we're currently at, with the app and it would be unfair to charge partners based on our costs for building this app or our standard development rates. The app might look fairly simple but several thousand of development hours have gone into making this app feel simple and robust. We're not compromising in terms of quality although we know that the app lacks certain features when compared to web version of XenForo. As soon as we start adding more and more features and support more addons, this price is definitely going to increase for forums that join later.

PS: To avoid any confusion, I'd like to clarify that the price for existing forums will remain constant.

When I saw these messages I was confused, but got a surprise when pushing App Store updates last week. Tried again and got final confirmation today, yes everyone is required to have their own app store accounts now.

So what TT did with BYO makes sense, though it's confusing it wasn't announced by them; @Roo82 how did you hear about it? Just posted an announcement regarding this in TMA's resource, but won't link to it here.

Last edited:
When I saw these messages I was confused, but got a surprise when pushing App Store updates last week. Tried again and got final confirmation today, yes everyone is required to have their own app store accounts now.

So what TT did with BYO makes sense, though it's confusing it wasn't announced by them; @Roo82 how did you hear about it? Just posted an announcement regarding this in TMA's resource, but won't link to it here.

I'm once again talking to Apple representatives to see if we are affected by this change. Will keep you guys updated on this.

I've received concerns about the future of ForumApps and I will assure you that we are going to continue development and we aren't going anywhere.

Apple got back to us with an update. This is what they said.

Based on the information provided, it appears that your app would in compliance
it appears that your app would in compliance

Each application is unique and we would need to look at all its features, and complexity to be able to give you an answer. Therefore, we recommend that you resubmit your application for review. We will then contact you if we have any questions.

We aren't closing the support for uploading apps via our account just yet.

Apple got back to us with an update. This is what they said.

We aren't closing the support for uploading apps via our account just yet.
Good to hear for those not wishing to pay $125 + $100/year additionally!
Taptalk official stopped supporting their $40/m plan and scrapped it.

Top Bottom