Native XenForo App in Development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well a little bit of mixed news!

One of the main devs on this project had a little baby boy 2 days ago. So congratulations to him :). We have a meeting Friday to schedule out the remaining tasks and I will update you soon after!
I hope he plans to put all fatherly duties aside... God dammit you cannot miss your July target it's enshrined in law now!

In other news, congratulations to him!

This sounds good to me I wouldn't mind paying 25.00 a month it has a lot cleaner look than the Tapatalk BYO app we currently have.

A suggestion for way, way, way, way later down the road.

Make it possible to add a RSS feed in some capacity. Many XF communities run a blog and would probably be delighted if they could display their blog content, even if it's just the headlines and nothing more.

app_down_card_1.png

Last edited:
Price of this plugin its to much expensive, almost 2 xenforo license, i dont see lots of people to use it on the end, maybe developer can offer plugin to xenforo team like official ones, for example when buy xenforo license you got this one to, and extend price of xenforo license to 10/20$.

I disagree strongly. It's priced very cheaply for what it is.

@RobParker Agreed

Price of this plugin its to much expensive, almost 2 xenforo license, i dont see lots of people to use it on the end, maybe developer can offer plugin to xenforo team like official ones, for example when buy xenforo license you got this one to, and extend price of xenforo license to 10/20$.

USD 10 x 12 months = USD 120/year

XF license = USD 149 / year

The cost is less than that of a XF license?

50%+ of visitors are on mobile these days. It will be well worth it even for small communities. In time, you'll most likely have more users visiting your forum via the app vs the browser.

An extra USD10 or USD20/year is absolutely unrealistic. There's always Tapatalk for the smallest of communities. They can easily switch to this solution once they reach enough ad revenue to cover USD 120/year.

By the way, Tapatalk Premium is USD 10/month, so it's also fair if you compare it to "similar products".

Last edited:
Prices are provisionally:
$10 a month for a shared native app with self styling=120$
$15 a month for a forum-specific app with self styling=180$
$25 a month for a forum-specific branding free app=300$

paying every year 120$, thanks but NO!

You are free to develop your own app and offer it up for USD 10/year.

I'm amazed that it'll be as cheap as it is. Developing and maintaining two clients, iOS and Android, will require countless hours of work. There's no API either, so it's probably a nightmare.

For every XF update, you'll need to do work, for every android and iOS update, you'll need to do work. For every add-on that is supported that receives updates, you'll need to do work. You'll also need time for customer support and of course dedicate some time towards adding new features.

The time required and the costs involved are huge :)

Prices are provisionally:
$10 a month for a shared native app with self styling=120$
$15 a month for a forum-specific app with self styling=180$
$25 a month for a forum-specific branding free app=300$

Yes. If you want to drive a Ferrari, you'll have to pay a premium. Nothing odd about that.

I can't afford a Ferrari myself, so I've settled for a Toyota Aygo. It does the job just fine.

Last edited:
why you argue with me?

Why people are arguing with you is that you say @Slavik should just give the xF devs the stuff for this addon and up the price of the license. That wouldn't be feasible because the xF team would never recoup what they would have to pay to update and maintain the apps.

You talk about the price being too high well I can pretty much guarantee that Slavik has probably thousands upon thousands of dollars tied up in this project that's he's paying for out of pocket till this launches. I'm sure he's got a couple of grand in the software that had to be written to take care of push notifications for both Android and iOS plus server costs. Then the cost of development of both the iOS and Android apps at probably a couple of grand each. Well that's not all....someone has to have developer accounts for both Google and Apple. Apple is $100 a year and I'm not sure what Android's is but I'm sure less than Apple.

Then let's hope one of the developers has a Mac cause if they don't well there's another grand easy if not more. I also forgot the addon that had to be written to communicate to the push server.

This kind of endeavor isn't cheap. You are free to learn to do it yourself. Hope you have a Mac to do the iOS version.

Why people are arguing with you is that you say @Slavik should just give the xF devs the stuff for this addon and up the price of the license. That wouldn't be feasible because the xF team would never recoup what they would have to pay to update and maintain the apps.
who say this, i just wrote its maybe better to do it not to give this for free anyone!!

Hi Guys,

So we have some important announcements regarding the app and where we are.

Firstly, and most importantly, the 3 tiered app is gone, as we got further and further in, it became apparent that maintaining such a structure was going to keep slowing us down and cause further issues logitically we we move forward into the future.

What this means is, there will now be a single priced, fully featured app for all. Pricing expceted to be around the T2 product of before.

Next, we are cleaning and making final tweaks to the app ready for launch, and are aiming to submit the new single app to the apple store for review on the week starting 25th July. Once that is done and (fingers crossed) apple accept the app, we will then open up a closed beta process.

In the closed beta we will be accepting sites to have the app built and published, for your forums to use, completely free. During this stage we will finish up the android version, as well as any bugs or issues that may arise. Access to the closed beta will be completely random as before, so keep checking back for extra information or when to send me a message to sign up!

Thanks for your continued support and feedback for testers and non-testers alike, it has been a great help, and we are nearly there now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom