ForumApps presents Native XenForo Apps for iOS and Android

The Game Rebels app crashed when I tried to post. Maybe because it was because I hadn't confirmed my email address. When I did, I was able to post fine.
Thanks for reporting it.

I couldn't see a poll.
Polls aren't supported yet. All the intricate feature support would be seen in XF 2.0 as we are nearing the final launch.
How about 2 columns here ? Or 2 colums with images.
I am not able to understand what you mean by this.

Other thoughts.

I registered via the app.
I also had trouble selecting the gender. I had to select Female and then Male for it to work. It kept saying I hadn't selected a gender, but I did select Male and done twice (but it failed to show in the box).
I found the date of birth selection during registration very awkward. the 3 boxes is weird ? I put in a fake DOB like I always do.
Once I clicked Register and submitted all my information. Nothing really happened. I was waiting for something to happen. I was just looking at greyed out submitted data. Then I clicked the signin button as was able to proceed. After the Registration information is sent .... either

(1) refresh the screen and present the login box.
(2) allow the user to proceed with the login they just created. (better)

The confirmation email ended up in my spam.

game.rebels.spam.webp

Last edited:
I would look into the Reddit app as inspiration.
IMG_0298.webp

Many users would be used to that interface.

The bottom row in the Reddit app works well.

Positioning Xenforo + forum app as a "private" Reddit would be smart.

I know @Aayush is turning around fixes pretty sharpish on the apps. Been working with him since last week on my own version. There are some good suggestions in this thread.

I would look into the Reddit app as inspiration.
View attachment 152426

Many users would be used to that interface.

The bottom row in the Reddit app works well.

Positioning Xenforo + forum app as a "private" Reddit would be smart.

That doesn't really make sense for a forum app.

All new threads are text editor posts with different types of content inserted and arranged as the user wishes.

The 3 images in your screenshot are three different submission types on reddit.

On a forum the content is always inserted into a text area, you write text, paste links or upload attachments.

Either way, most forum threads are either pure text, or a combination of 2 or more of those three things.

As long as it's easy to get to the post creation page, users can write text, paste links, tap to attach images or do whatever else they want and format it how they like it.

We've completely filled our first 10 slots! Thank you everyone for believing in us. The sale is closed for now. We'll be back shortly with updates about ForumApps and the next sale.

Just tested it, generally quite nice for such a new app!
Swiping from off screen left to right to go back would be nice when browsing the forums and reading threads.

I can't add line breaks when creating a new thread, which is a pretty big issue.

You can't upload images to new new threads either yet, by the looks of it, only replies to threads?

Addressed all your issues.

Simulator Screen Shot May 17, 2017, 1.42.34 PM.webp

I am new here to this forum and just purchased license for my new site.
I am glad to know the native Apps are coming out soon. But I am confuse in pricing of these apps, is it one time payment or monthly basis?

I am new here to this forum and just purchased license for my new site.
I am glad to know the native Apps are coming out soon. But I am confuse in pricing of these apps, is it one time payment or monthly basis?
It's on a monthly basis and this is not affiliated to XenForo Ltd.

It's on a monthly basis and this is not affiliated to XenForo Ltd.
why monthly basis? If we are hosting app on our own server then why its monthly basis? If the source file of apps we can get then its better one time payment.
On which basis it costs monthly payment? Are you going to host the app on your server for customers?

why monthly basis? If we are hosting app on our own server then why its monthly basis? If the source file of apps we can get then its better one time payment.
On which basis it costs monthly payment? Are you going to host the app on your server for customers?
Well, we'd recommend you to try Tapatalk if you are looking for a low cost option. I think they provide you an app for free. However, most of our partners hate the fact that Tapatalk steals their members data and spams them. In order to prevent such misuse of private data, we allow our partners to host the API on their server and the data in the app is directly routed from their servers.

To be fair, if you want to compare with Tapatalk, then you might want to make sure you're comparing the right version. For the branded version with Tapatalk branding removed along with it being released under your company name and accounts is $40/m. Which this app does for half the cost :)

Incorrect, I use the $10.00 BYO and it doesn't have any branding, shows my ownAdMob ads and is published using my Apple and Google accounts.

This looks pretty good, but the $50.00 set up would need to be waived and the monthly fee would need to come down to about $10-$15 to leave TapaTalk..

Incorrect, I use the $10.00 BYO and it doesn't have any branding, shows my ownAdMob ads and is published using my Apple and Google accounts.

This looks pretty good, but the $50.00 set up would need to be waived and the monthly fee would need to come down to about $10-$15 to leave TapaTalk..
Then you must be grandfathered as the pricing now for that is $40.
https://tapatalk.com/start-here.php
Not only this though, using tapatalk you have no control over the data and users from tapatalk. In fact, I personally refuse to join any forums using tapatalk because tapatalk is a KNOWN exploit. It is a fact that they know about exploits and do nothing about them, nor even warn their customers.

With this, you still maintain full control over everything.

no control over the data and users from tapatalk. In fact, I personally refuse to join any forums using tapatalk because tapatalk is a KNOWN exploit. It is a fact that they know about exploits and do nothing about them, nor even warn their customers.

That's a pretty big claim you're making there.. Can you link to an article discussing this.. Not a post on these forums were a lot of people just talk nonsense and makeup things as they go along because they don't like the product or refuse to understand the bug they are facing is not caused by that add-on they are blaming.

I been using BYO for some time now, they have no access to my user's data as I force registering to outside of the app nor have I nor any member ever complained to us they been spammed by TapaTalk.

Top Bottom