ForumApps presents Native XenForo Apps for iOS and Android

If the design gets cleaned up, following Material Design guidelines, I'll be more interested.
We are working in adding shared element translations entire app wide and are constantly rethinking our design choices and cleaning things up.

Can you add registration/sign-in via Google, Facebook, and Twitter (if enabled on the host forum)?
We do have this in mind but not a priority for us right now.

How about a forum logo in place of the text name of the forum in places like the splash screen, login page, etc?

Yes, we could customize that when we build your app.

I'd be very interested in this, but will wait for the native image support as I have a travel forum and ease of uploading photos is essential. :)
Agreed. If I was to consider an app like this (yes I'm desperate to get away from Tapatalk, lol) it would have to be very easy to do multiple image uploads as my forum is very photo heavy, my current attachments are at about 14GB and a lot of attachments come from Tapatalk users as it is so easy to upload photo's via Tapatalk. Looking forward to hopefully using your app one day. (y)
Just sent a 9.1mb file - is 150kb when I uploaded it to my forum.

Here's what we've made in the past 2 days. :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Oh that looks cool.

Where can I test the app? I tried the gamerebels one but I don't have an account there and it won't let me in without one. Will that be mandatory in all the apps?

@Aayush

Thanks for the resource, had no idea this was coming as obviously most were following Slavik's progress or lack thereof as it appears now.

I'm repeating @Mouth's request to support restrictions on certain usergroups. For those of us who do not rely on ads (I personally hate ads and rely on local/member sponsorship) this app would not work unless you are able to add this. I need to offer access to this app for specific usergroups basically and exclude all others.

I also need to ensure that users can browse the forums with the app but restrict login. The demo currently is locked down to registered participants.

I tried the demo, looks pretty nice, buggy registration though (it doesn't indicate that you need to specify your gender).

I'm repeating @Mouth's request to support restrictions on certain usergroups. For those of us who do not rely on ads (I personally hate ads and rely on local/member sponsorship) this app would not work unless you are able to add this.
We are coming up with a way to implement that after we've completed developing the image attachments feature for Android as well.

We are coming up with a way to implement that after we've completed developing the image attachments feature for Android as well.

Great, I sent you an email and filled out your form also btw.

The usergroup restriction *ideally* should auto-redirect to the account upgrades page in XF (or custom page) where users can purchase/upgrade their account and continue using the app rather than hardstop them after login. Just thinking out loud.

The usergroup restriction *ideally* should auto-redirect to the account upgrades page in XF (or custom page) where users can purchase/upgrade their account and continue using the app rather than hardstop them after login. Just thinking out loud.
Excellent suggestion!

A small suggestion for the style...
When viewing a thread, place the thread title where the node title is and remove the node title to reduce the size of the floating navigation. See below,

thread.webp

Of course, "GameRebels Announcements" would be the thread title now. Much better.

From what I can see this looks like it has potential. We're still running Slavik's app (for now) but will keep an eye on this.

Do you already have plans for XF2 compatibility? That'd be my largest concern at this stage.

iOS App is approved and live for one of our clients.

Game Rebels by Jordan Howard
https://appsto.re/in/-jlBjb.i

Edit: Adding image attachment in threads and post for the android app is complete.
PS: Only 2 spots left to 10. After that the sale would be closed until further notice.

Last edited:
Just tested it, generally quite nice for such a new app!

I did find a few bugs/ui issues and had issues with registration where it told me the username was taken, so I tried a new one, but then when I checked my email the confirmation email was there from the initial registration attempt. The entire registration process could do with a bit of improvement, double verifying the password entered to avoid typos etc.

Straight after I registered and logged in, tapping the hamburger menu didn't work, only swiping the menu onto screen.
After, that it seems to work now. (Works after logging out and logging in again, was just buggy after my first sign in by the looks of it)

Swiping from off screen left to right to go back would be nice when browsing the forums and reading threads.

I can't add line breaks when creating a new thread, which is a pretty big issue.

You can't upload images to new new threads either yet, by the looks of it, only replies to threads?

Recent post page seems to show the thread start date, not the last post date, which feels odd. Makes it look like the most recent post on my recent post feed is from 2012

Cool though, it's showing promise. Seems very fast.

Just tested it, generally quite nice for such a new app!

I did find a few bugs/ui issues and had issues with registration where it told me the username was taken, so I tried a new one, but then when I checked my email the confirmation email was there from the initial registration attempt. The entire registration process could do with a bit of improvement, double verifying the password entered to avoid typos etc.

Straight after I registered and logged in, tapping the hamburger menu didn't work, only swiping the menu onto screen.
After, that it seems to work now. (Works after logging out and logging in again, was just buggy after my first sign in by the looks of it)

Swiping from off screen left to right to go back would be nice when browsing the forums and reading threads.

I can't add line breaks when creating a new thread, which is a pretty big issue.

You can't upload images to new new threads either yet, by the looks of it, only replies to threads?

Recent post page seems to show the thread start date, not the last post date, which feels odd. Makes it look like the most recent post on my recent post feed is from 2012

Cool though, it's showing promise. Seems very fast.
Thanks for the amazing feedback. :)

The Game Rebels app crashed when I tried to post. Maybe because it was because I hadn't confirmed my email address. When I did, I was able to post fine.

Some random thoughts.
IMG_0294.webp
IMG_0295.webp
I think these dashes should be pluses.
IMG_0296.webp
I couldn't see a poll.

IMG_0297.webp
How about 2 columns here ? Or 2 colums with images.

Top Bottom