ForumApps presents Native XenForo Apps for iOS and Android

We are coming up with a way to implement that after we've completed developing the image attachments feature for Android as well.

Usergroup restrictions are going to be critical for us as well. Please make an announcement when this functionality is available.

Apple got back to us with an update.
Tapatalk BYO Team said:
I'm sorry I have to inform you of changes in Apple's App Review guidelines that will have an immediate impact on your BYO app. I like to review the changes and provide you a couple of options.

Apple has decided that they will no longer approve apps in a single Apple Developer account for the App Store hat have similar functionality, but only differ in content. The communication was from the App Review Board, and the Review Board said they will also begin enforcing this ruling with other developers of branded app for forums (as well as developers for other types of apps). On June 12, Apple will remove your app from sale.

That leaves us with a couple of options:

1. Refund payment for Premium Tier - Let us know if you want us to cancel your $10/mo BYO subscribtion. refund all payments you have made for the Premium Tier.

1. Please note that if you have a Android app, cancelling the Premium Tier will also cancel the Android app

2. If you like to cancel, please let us know if you want to return to the Basic Tier ($5/mo) or the Free Tier

2. Continue with iOS branded app by by using your own Apple Developer Account

1. You can purchase an Apple Developer account at a cost of $99 per year. We will need you to provide us access to the account, and then we can process the app through the App Store on your behalf.

2. If you are interested in continuing with your own Apple Developer license, please see the details for opening the account and proving Tapatalk access: here.

Please email us back and let us know if:

· You would plan move to Free or Basic Tier.

· You would like to continue, using your own Apple Developer account (paying Apple $99/yr) and please provide us access

Let us know if you have any questions about these options. Our apologies for this change in process. We had no idea this was going to happen.

Tapatalk BYO Team

https://theadminzone.com/threads/no-more-ios-tapatalk-byo.144410/#post-1092023

I am really humbled by the love XenForo community has given to ForumApps and also the members of several communities that are using ForumApps. After deploying ForumApps on a lot of forums, I wanted to share the tremendous amount of positive response from real community members using ForumApps.

1.webp

These users were using the web based implementation of the XenForo apps earlier from one of our competitors. The forum owner made the switch to ForumApps recently and noted the difference. The users could really feel the difference in speed and user experience as we anticipated.

2.webp
These responses are two of several 1000s of users using ForumApps on a daily basis.​

Superior Adoption Rate
The community members really wanted apps on iOS and Android with push notifications and sleek user interface leading to a striking adoption rate. We've gathered some stats and would love to share them with you.

3.webp4.webp5.webp
If you're still not convinced to take your community to the next level and use ForumApps in all your communities, drop me a PM telling me what is stopping you. Me and my team will help resolve any of the doubts that you have in your mind.

I am keen , can you use now the app without having to register / login ?
Login is required at the moment. We are converting our API and code piece by piece so that it can be used without a login and the newer features that we've included handle this gracefully. If you are really keen on that feature, we can discuss it in PM.

Last edited:
Login is required at the moment. We are converting our API and code piece by piece so that it can be used without a login and the newer features that we've included handle this gracefully. If you are really keen on that feature, we can discuss it in PM.

Same with me, Guests must be able to view threads before I'd even consider dumping TT, we have a lot guests/lurkers who use our app.

We still haven't faced this issue on our account although Apple has warned us about this from one of our client's account. Will keep you updated when this happens with us.

Eric from TT told me recently... "For all apps that were already approved, Apple has confirmed that those apps can stay in the App Store indefinitely". So it is only submitting new apps since the end of May or future apps this will effect.

Eric from TT told me recently... "For all apps that were already approved, Apple has confirmed that those apps can stay in the App Store indefinitely". So it is only submitting new apps since the end of May or future apps this will effect.
Can't really confirm this because all our users have their own developer accounts to gain the extra branding advantage at nearly no added cost. But we do have 2 apps on our own account and we are submitting updates to both of them constantly and haven't received anything yet. We do recommend users to have their own developer account and we do not guarantee that Apple won't stop us one day but they seemed to consider the apps as unique because of the customization and branding ability.
Will definitely keep the thread updated.

Same with me, Guests must be able to view threads before I'd even consider dumping TT, we have a lot guests/lurkers who use our app.

Do they lurk because they found the forum through the Taptalk directory though?

I'd have thought that if someone was going to download a dedicated app for a single forum they frequent it sort of makes sense to have them login at launch? I'm not against guest viewing, but I imagine most users would be happy to log in if they've already taken the time to download an app for a specific forum, no?

I'd have thought that if someone was going to download a dedicated app for a single forum they frequent it sort of makes sense to have them login at launch? I'm not against guest viewing, but I imagine most users would be happy to log in if they've already taken the time to download an app for a specific forum, no?
This was exactly our reasoning when we planned the app initially.

No, I'd say at least 85% of our daily traffic is from promoting articles via social media. The majority of that is Facebook. The problem is with a lot of FB users is they don't understand how things work outside of FaceBook.. so it is easy for them just to open the app and hit what's new rather than use Safari or Chrome I guess.

Ahh, so is it because they're already on mobile, clicking links to your forum from social media and those links are redirecting them into the app which they already have installed on their phone instead of a mobile web browser?

If it's not that, and they're consciously opening the app, selecting your forum and clicking what's new I don't see why they wouldn't be happy to log in once and and just have the app keep them logged in. Once logged in they'd be much more likely to engage with posts by liking, and then move onto replying too as the reply box will always be available to them.

No, I'd say at least 85% of our daily traffic is from promoting articles via social media. The majority of that is Facebook. The problem is with a lot of FB users is they don't understand how things work outside of FaceBook.. so it is easy for them just to open the app and hit what's new rather than use Safari or Chrome I guess.
Ahh, so is it because they're already on mobile, clicking links to your forum from social media and those links are redirecting them into the app which they already have installed on their phone instead of a mobile web browser?

If it's not that, and they're consciously opening the app, selecting your forum and clicking what's new I don't see why they wouldn't be happy to log in once and and just have the app keep them logged in. Once logged in they'd be much more likely to engage with posts by liking, and then move onto replying too as the reply box will always be available to them.
This seems to be a genuine suggestion to expand your user base and getting repeat users who keep posting. But nonetheless, I'll update you when we have the feature to browse without login available.

Top Bottom