Votes: 22 37.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Classifieds Forum

Votes: 34 57.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a certain negativity, animosity if you like, creeping in to off-topic at the profit-making ads appearing in a forum that has predominantly been altruistic so far.

Whatever is decided, I think the sooner the better ...

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Until yesterday, xenforo.com was in my eyes a supportboard for xenforo.
Now it becaume IMHO just an other chitchat board...

Without an Ignore Feauture and some other features to ignore boards & users it's really hard to track the IMPORTANT stuff....
Just one day changed xf.com from a support forum into a chitchat forum? That odd because i see ALOT more support threads than anything else when i click on Whats New. So i'm not sure where you're looking?

No, it is about more than one Kier, some domain sales, hosting deals and other assorted deals to the members that they want offered in a marketplace forum.

One thing mod dev's might think about is a marketplace script for XF like the so called duplicated Sitepoint marketplace script, but one that will allow members to review the posted goods or services like Brian's vB links directory offers a place for user comments that can be turned on or off by forum admins.

I obviously benefit from telling people we can help them - but we spend time and money, so we ask for a donation to help compensate that effort. It would suck if I couldn't post that here. But hey ho, not my site, not my rules.

That said, I don't like having threads all over the place that are just sales-threads specifically. "We do these 500 things, oh and sure, xenforo is supported too" .. but, I have no problem with a test forum being a test forum either.

I just find that these sorts of threads should be in moderation, really relative to the community world at least, and job-hunting, marketplace-postings, and simply sales-threads, fit a section or forum, just as test threads are.

Why wouldn't they allow test threads in the offtopic board, it's as off topic as a sales thread ..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is all about a single thread?

at least two by me from what i gather since this "complaint" mentioned it...every troll on xenfor has made a way
over there to stir stuff up.

I think the poll speaks for what the community really wants though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is all about a single thread?

Well, if a person is allowed to offer up services, why shouldn't I be allowed to start making threads weekly or monthly about the services we offer on xenfans for example?

I am sure once it goes gold, that miko and others who build xenforo sites and services, products and hosting and whatever, will want to have a piece of the pie as well.

It's a fair question - if answered .. the mods can close the thread I assume :)

You mean MJP and AnthonyCea, well hell they are the best forum trolls on earth !!!

Look folks, this guy inspired this thread and the marketplace idea, so let's leave him alone and hope that he improved this forum in retrospect.

XF is a business environment and must be realistic about the related businesses that will surround the company if it is to be a long term success.
That's why I don't think banning of XF-related paid services would be a good idea.
But for everyone's benefit it needs to all go in a classifieds/marketplace forum where people can legitimately offer their XF-related paid services without being accused of spam, and members can browse it if they need to or take no notice of it.
It's being made out to be a far bigger problem than it is though....it's a simple suggestion, it's not the end of the world if Kier decides not to do anything at this stage.
People suggesting the forum is now "not worth visiting" and suchlike....what an over-reaction!
This is the sort of over-reaction that is not helping on vB at the moment, it's a shame to see it here too.

I have always intended to allow XenForo-related services to be announced here on XenForo.com, as I think that forum software supports a large ecosystem, and the community benefits if there is a central repository of information, resources and services available. If the community would rather that they are restricted to particular forums, I think I'm happy with that.

I like the idea posted here of forums where only licensed members can post their announcements, this would deal with a lot of spammy advertising, and the fact that the service vendor had purchased a license would show a certain degree of buy-in on their part, which should impart some degree of confidence to those considering using the services of that vendor.

I'd also like to draw a distinction between XenForo related services and XenForo resources, such as styles, add-ons and graphics. These should remain in their current forums until we have our resources management system ready to deploy.

Great deal Kier, we look forward to seeing what you come up with, maybe even some marketplace mods will come fourth from devs out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom