Votes: 22 37.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Classifieds Forum

Votes: 34 57.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I bought the domain, an xF license, and hosted the site on my server - would any of you be interested in moderating a "marketplace" site for xF?

We could then create and define our own categories (and I feel it should be as broad as possible) and allow both free and paid services to be advertised.

Keep it strictly controlled and have firm rules so that it doesn't get overrun with "takers".

If it's moderated in a similar style to the current off-topic forum, it might be a good addition for the growing xF community, and would avoid any 'negatives' or bias that people might feel if such offers were posted on the official company forums.

We could even invite the current xF team and mods to have "marketplace" moderator accounts so they could interact and step in if they feel there is something they don't want or like on the site.

If we could make it the de-facto site for everything xF that isn't "officially" xF I think it would be a useful resource.

Just a thought ...

Cheers,
Shaun :D

If I bought the domain, an xF license, and hosted the site on my server - would any of you be interested in moderating a "marketplace" site for xF?

We could then create and define our own categories (and I feel it should be as broad as possible) and allow both free and paid services to be advertised.

Keep it strictly controlled and have firm rules so that it doesn't get overrun with "takers".

If it's moderated in a similar style to the current off-topic forum, it might be a good addition for the growing xF community, and would avoid any 'negatives' or bias that people might feel if such offers were posted on the official company forums.

We could even invite the current xF team and mods to have "marketplace" moderator accounts so they could interact and step in if they feel there is something they don't want or like on the site.

If we could make it the de-facto site for everything xF that isn't "officially" xF I think it would be a useful resource.

Just a thought ...

Cheers,
I would.

Wow man, talk about opportunistic marketing, this is getting really blatant at this point and this is why the OP started the thread in the first place, to point this out, now we are using this thread to find marketing opportunity, great, I'm impressed for sure !!
rolleyes.png

Just a thought ...

Cheers,

Talk about oppertunistic marketting!

I can already name you a handful of sites offering a similar service, none of them are particularly active, no need for one more. It would be much better as a hidden forum within the main XF site, only visible to licence holders.

Wow man, talk about opportunistic marketing, this is getting really blatant at this point and this is why the OP started the thread in the first place, to point this out, now we are using this thread to find marketing opportunity, great, I'm impressed for sure !!
rolleyes.png

So offering to spend my own money and host the site for free is a marketing "opportunity"?

Not sure how it works in your neighbourhood, but in mine that's more like "giving" than taking.

If there's no real need or desire for it, fair enough, it was just a thought.

Cheers,

So what if 50 people here see the same opportunity you do, what then, will we have 50 XF marketplace forums then ??

So offering to spend my own money and host the site for free is a marketing "opportunity"?

Not sure how it works in your neighbourhood, but in mine that's more like "giving" than taking.

If there's no real need or desire for it, fair enough, it was just a thought.

Cheers,

Oh come on

*facepalm*

How about we encourage Kier to open a services forum here and end all this ??

Secondly, why would it have to be a hidden forum only viewable by licensed forum owners ?

That is stupid and would hurt the software sales, maybe the public should view it but only licensed members can post.

Strangely enough, I had thought that offering a free space for current xF regulars to build for themselves, how they liked, without any cost to them - would have some appeal?

I fail to see how it is marketing when I gain nothing at all from it? What, exactly, is self-serving in my offer?

Cheers,

Maybe because members here want the services marketplace forum here ?

I don't think they want a separate area like vB has with vB.org, that's why !!

Maybe because members here want the services marketplace forum here ?

I don't think they want a separate area like vB has with vB.org, that's why !!

Okay, so people want it all contained within the xF official site?

Well why not just say that then?

No need to make out that I'm trying to profit or hijack things.

Cheers,

I think this is ultimately a decision for the xF team.

They need to make a call on whether they will continue to allow ads for services, if so where those ads should go, and if not whether they will simply leave people to develop their own marketplace sites (as some are already doing) and ultimately whether they will recommend one above all the others.

IPS have their own integrated marketplace so there's nothing to stop xF becoming a one-stop-shop - the great advantage being that everything is in one place.

However a separate, unaffiliated site, might be useful in taking the workload and responsibility for running it away from the xF team/company allowing them to concentrate of product development.

Perhaps I was putting the cart before the horse with my offer; maybe waiting for some official word might be more prudent!!

Cheers,

I have just registered TheXenforoMarketPlaceDotCom.com, so now all traffic can be diverted from this forum to there !! :rolleyes:

PS: Can you now see what is wrong with the picture Grant ?

I have just registered TheXenforoMarketPlaceDotCom.com, so now all traffic can be diverted from this forum to there !! :rolleyes:

PS: Can you now see what is wrong with the picture Grant ?
did you obtain permission before using a trademarked word in the domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom