[Forum Suggestion] - Discussion threads for Announcement forum threads

Frode789

When there is a new release/thread in Announcement forum, there should be an accompanying discussion thread for it (which can be located elsewhere, but linked in the annoucement). Similar to how phpBB does it:

1599058778951.webp

That is done simply by creating a new thread and linking to it.

Like with this thread: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/forum-thread-types-tl-dr-video.181961/

Edit: You posted this in suggestions so I assumed you wanted some sort of automated process built in to the code, but on reflection, it looks like you are just asking for a change to the workflow on this site, to create a discussion thread for each release.
That's something we've done previously for major releases.

Last edited:
I am not sure what we would be discussing. Problems with the new release should go to Bug Reports or Troubleshooting as appropriate. Suggestions would go to Suggestions. I guess if someone had questions or was unclear about something in the announcement but then that person can start a thread specific to their question in an appropriate forum.

I am not sure what we would be discussing. Problems with the new release should go to Bug Reports or Troubleshooting as appropriate. Suggestions would go to Suggestions. I guess if someone had questions or was unclear about something in the announcement but then that person can start a thread specific to their question in an appropriate forum.
Yeah exactly my thoughts.

Obviously if we wanted to allow discussion what we could do is just change the permissions to allow the discussion on the announcement itself.

But as Mendalla rightly says above, usually the discussion would have a specific purpose - you need support, you have found a bug, you have a suggestion and there are better places for those threads.

Top Bottom