Font Awesome Manager

Font Awesome Manager 1.2.7

No permission to download
I've noticed that fa-file-alt for the thread's structItem-status is missing for guests but shows ok for logged in users. I just upgraded to latest version on JoyFreak so can't tell you if this was happening before or after.

I've noticed that fa-file-alt for the thread's structItem-status is missing for guests but shows ok for logged in users.
That's kinda strange - file-alt should be discovered (and thus included in subsets) automatically.

Did you verify that guest and loggedin users do use the same style?
Did you verify that the exact same icon is / should be displayed for guests and logged in users?
Do you have an example URL where the icon is missing for guests?

Last edited:
You don't have to do anything, it should work just fine - I just don't have enough feedback yet to say it does work fine.

Do you expecience any problems?

No problems so far.

As nobody seems to have reported (serious) issues the last couple days I consider it save enough now to remove the upgrade warning :)

Upgraded from 1.2.4 to 1.2.6 and am not receiving errors. Things look normal.

Rebuilt the font subsets manually as well.

Upgraded yesterday from 1.2.4 to 1.2.6 without any problem.

I can confirm the same as of now.
From 1.2.4 to 1.2.6 without any problem.

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the delay to upgrade, but ... better safe than sorry :)

No issues that I'm aware of either (y)

Haven’t seen a notice yet, any idea when there will be an update that is IK with pyftsubset? Thanks

@Mr Lucky - see two quotes up (where Kirby also removed the warning from the resource) - @Kirby said in the thread that there wasn't any real issue with pyftsubset, just that he put the warning on until he had enough evidence that it would be okay.

We're using 1.2.7 with pyftsubset and there are no issues. :)

I dont use it myself but I have seen a few questions in other threads every noe and then:
Would there be interest in support for FA6?
(This would require users to purchase FA6 license on their own)

I have this addon installed on 3 servers (with fonttools/pyftsubset). On the first 2 it works fine since a while (y)

On the 3rd one (a closed dev server) it does not: I don't get server errors, but the woff2 file seems to be corrupted. No Icons are displayed and the file size is only 3kb.

On the 3rd one (a closed dev server) it does not: I don't get server errors, but the woff2 file seems to be corrupted. No Icons are displayed and the file size is only 3kb.
Hmm, that's kinda strange.

Did you triple-check that pyftsubset is installed / configured correctly?
Did you run a rebuild with log level set to debug and inspect the log?
Did you try to execute the pyftsubset calls (from the log) manually on the console?

I dont want to install anything an a production server.
So ...
fetch the whole forum and install it on localhost
install phyton, pip and the font stuff
install your add-on
press a button?

What is the result? And how i bring this result back to the server?

I dont want to install anything an a production server.
In this case the only option option id to not use this Add-on as it us not (realistically( possible to "prepare" subsets on a dev system and just "use" those in production.

If at least installing this Add-on on the production server is possible you could use subfonter.net though I'd really recommended to install pyftsubset as this is the most reliable option.
If you can't install fonttools globally (eg. via distro package manager or pip) but run Linux x64 chances are high that you could use the separate Pyftsubset Add-on which includes a single file binary.

Last edited:
Yes, think so, too.
But why you see a problem doing this procedure on my localhost?

All files and also the database is a 1:1 copy; the result should be the same, you don't think so?

I just don't know what the result is.

Top Bottom