Font Awesome Manager

Font Awesome Manager 1.2.7

No permission to download
The idea of paying for icons of company logos is absurd. I don't think XenForo should be paying for that stuff either. If Font Awesome has become a big commercial enterprise and bait-and-switched half the internet into using their assets, maybe it's time to move on to something more open.

The idea of paying for icons of company logos is absurd. I don't think XenForo should be paying for that stuff either. If Font Awesome has become a big commercial enterprise and bait-and-switched half the internet into using their assets, maybe it's time to move on to something more open.
You also don't need to use FontAwesome to display the new Twitter X logo... it's s standard Unicode character (been part of Unicode for 22 years now):

𝕏

You also don't need to use FontAwesome to display the new Twitter X logo... it's s standard Unicode character (been part of Unicode for 22 years now):

𝕏
I understand that, already implemented. I was commenting generally on the state of affairs with Font Awesome after seeing @Kier comment in another thread that their licensing terms were less than ideal.

If Font Awesome has become a big commercial enterprise and bait-and-switched half the internet into using their assets, maybe it's time to move on to something more open.
Competition is always good IMO but I have always presumed that FA has to pay the owners of the trademark hence they would have to pass that expense on (along with licence to use the trademarks). Only if other companies can also license the trademarks can there be competition and so possible reduction in the price to customer via reduction in profit margin.

Competition is always good IMO but I have always presumed that FA has to pay the owners of the trademark hence they would have to pass that expense on (along with licence to use the trademarks). Only if other companies can also license the trademarks can there be competition and so possible reduction in the price to customer via reduction in profit margin.
It's unlikely that FA pays companies to iconify their logos. They are helping those companies build brand equity by making the logos visible in more places. They possibly reach out to get a permission or show they're using the logos correctly, that's about it.

I understand that, already implemented. I was commenting generally on the state of affairs with Font Awesome after seeing @Kier comment in another thread that their licensing terms were less than ideal.
FontAwesome needs to make money though. If the companies are funding the inclusion of their logos then sure... they could be funded that way, but if they aren't, I wouldn't expect FontAwesome to do work to include commercial logos for free just because they are logos of a company.

It's unlikely that FA pays companies to iconify their logos. They are helping those companies build brand equity by making the logos visible in more places.
Well yes, but the thing that occurs to me is that if I was a CEO of an icon company, even if a free licence was possible (as you say, who doesn't want brand awareness?), I would offer payment for exclusivity. But then I know nothing about icon companies, do the other ones also off brand logo/icons? If so I'm sure you are right.

I need to place the LinkedIn icon inside the notice icon box, but it seems I can't get it to work...

I've added linkedin-in to the Icons list and also rebuild cache twice, but it only shows the icon's Unicode f0e1.

1696027394947.webp

I've also tried adding linkedin-in o Solid and Regular lists, but I get an error saying "The Font Awesome icon linkedin-in you entered for Option Solid Icons is invalid."

What am I missing here?

I need to place the LinkedIn icon inside the notice icon box, but it seems I can't get it to work...

I've added linkedin-in to the Icons list and also rebuild cache twice, but it only shows the icon's Unicode f0e1.

View attachment 291795

I've also tried adding linkedin-in o Solid and Regular lists, but I get an error saying "The Font Awesome icon linkedin-in you entered for Option Solid Icons is invalid."

What am I missing here?
With "linkedin" placed under Icons:
this should work:
HTML:
<i class="fab fa-linkedin"></i>

With "linkedin-in" placed under Icons:
this should work:
HTML:
<i class="fab fa-linkedin-in"></i>

Remove it from any other font awesome lists.

Last edited:
Need the new X icon, come on guys, Papa Elon is not kidding around.

You can get it using the following code...

<a href='https://twitter.com/username' target='_blank' style='border:lightgrey; border-width:1px; border-style:solid;'>&nbsp;&#120143;&nbsp;</a>

Which will display ...(background transparent) 1696279381383.png

Last edited:
Might be my almalinix install but even when I add the icons to the relevant lists in settings and it rebuilds the subsets it still shows them as missing and the little squares

Nothing in the debug just says they were added.

Any ideas why it has them in the lists but not showing?

Might be my almalinix install but even when I add the icons to the relevant lists in settings and it rebuilds the subsets it still shows them as missing and the little squares

Nothing in the debug just says they were added.

Any ideas why it has them in the lists but not showing?
I'm using Alma and I've got no issues. Are you using a front end proxy/waf? Also, could be a case of incorrect selection for the icon type.

I'm using Alma and I've got no issues. Are you using a front end proxy/waf? Also, could be a case of incorrect selection for the icon type.
I had to to do a few things to get this working in case anyone else runs into the same thing on Alma 8.

• One follow the centminmod way
  • If that doesn't work, do this with Python 3 explicitly (and pip3)
  • Also be careful about how you add a straight FA icon, you need to make sure you do class="fa fa-icon"

I had to to do a few things to get this working in case anyone else runs into the same thing on Alma 8.

• One follow the centminmod way
  • If that doesn't work, do this with Python 3 explicitly (and pip3)
  • Also be careful about how you add a straight FA icon, you need to make sure you do class="fa fa-icon"
Honestly... I don't remember having to jump through any hoops to get this to work with Alma 8 (via CentMinMod) and that "normal" setup, other than installing the fonttools related functions.

Top Bottom